Addison Groove @ Xiong Mao 5/25

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAddison Groove @ Xiong Mao 5/25

• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

2llefxw.jpg

So excited about this. Last year I noticed Addison Groove was playing in Shanghai. I made contact with the promoter to try and book him but he didn’t have time to come to chengdu. Now he’s coming and bringing his 808 with him!

2njvp6b.jpg

More Information

Participant

Goddamn, that artwork is sensational….

Participant

Sweet, sounds like it will be a great show.

Keymaster

Yeah, dope art! Who made it? Hopefully I’ll be in town and can catch this…

Participant
    Quote:
    Goddamn, that artwork is sensational….

Yeah, I’m delighted with it. It’s the first of a 3 part series, the next 2 chengdumusic parties will feature the artwork by the same artist.

Quote:
    Yeah, dope art! Who made it?

An English fella based here in chengdu. His email address is on the bottom of the flyer for anybody that wants to contact him. Either that or PM me and I can put you in touch with him.

Participant

That would look fantastic as a tattoo….

Keymaster
    Quote:
    An English fella based here in chengdu.

Oh dude, that is sisco? haha. Nice

Thanks to all who like the poster, the club wanted something to boom out from the rest , really helped me get creative and enjoyed the work, the idea is that it will be kept by people as art and not just a one time poster and end up in the bin, so we going to run a little series of this style,

@ray I do tattoos too , i just done this same sort of style on my own legs , coz thats how I roll , hahah

siscoartz

Participant
    Participant

Participant

Addison Groove Cancellation and New Line Up – The Good News and the Bad

First here’s the bad news.

It is with great regret that we have to announce that Addison Groove will be unable to make it to China next week.

Having toured around the USA for the last 3 weeks he has ran into some passport issues and isn’t going to be able to travel for the next few weeks, thus not be able to make it to China for the planned show(s). We are very sorry to everyone who was excited to see Addison Groove’s live set, believe me no one is as disappointed as we are, but this situation was totally out of our hands and we have done everything to try and solve the problem but have come to a point where nothing can be done.

Here is an official statement from Addison Groove and Surefire agency (Addison’s agent):

ADDISON GROOVE – China shows cancelled – Press release

We are very sorry to say that Addison Groove is not able to travel to China due to unforseen problems with his passport and visa. Surefire Agency and Addison Groove would like to sincerely apologise to all concerned, especially the clubbers of Shanghai and Chengdu who were looking forward to this show.

We understand this will be very disappointing for you all. Addison Groove is also disappointed; he was really looking forward to playing in China again. We’ll be working with the promoters to reschedule these dates as soon as possible, and we hope that Addison Groove can come back to China in the near future.

With best wishes and sincere apologies,

Addison Groove & Surefire Agency

Our sincere apologies to everyone that was looking forward to the show but, as you can see, there was really nothing we could do about it.

The good news however….

We’ve pulled out all the stops to make sure everybody still has a great time on May 25th.

Added to the line up are 2 bands and 3 DJs. Headlining the show are one of Chengdu’s biggest bands Ashura (阿修罗) with support form new psychodelic outfit Layers and Frames from the United States. Also added to the bill is Marty B from Gramaphonetics fame playing alongside Chengdumusic’s very own Dave Bassman and Andy Mac. Come support your local music scene!

Bands:

Ashura

Layers and Frames (US)

DJs:

Marty B

Andy Mac

Dave Bassman

Participant

5/25 Chengdumusic Presents Ashura @ Xiongmao live 【New】

http://www.douban.com/event/16450132/

http://event.weibo.com/447719

Participant

The amended poster

ornokl.jpg

If anybody wants a poster let me know. I’ll have some spare A3 size ones to give away on the night.

Participant

I’d like a poster Andy! And please let me know if my band can use Ashura’s drum kit and when do we need to show up for sound check? Hemp House only had 1 working monitor…

Participant

An earlier start than usual here. Music from 9pm.

Layers & Frames on at 9.45pm and Ashura on at 10.45pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.