AFL in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAFL in Chengdu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well, finally managed to get round to registering with the Chengdu Living forum. My family and I have been in Chengdu for close to 6 months and loving it. I’m sure my stomach will be permanantly damaged by the time I leave, I’m now convinced chilli addiction is a real thing.

Anyway, the Australian Rules Football season starts in just over two weeks time, so looking for any AFL fans (Aussies or other)to watch games with – and any advice on places which might be showing games (Shamrock, Leg and Whistle maybe??). I have registered with AFL TV, so can stream games, so I can use my login anywhere that might want to show some footy. Now ideally I’m looking for West Coast fans who won’t get embarrassed when I get a little excited in close games – typically my rate of drinking is inversely proportional to the magnitude of the score differential.

Go the Eagles!!!

Participant

I’m a Bombers man (even if they are doping). I would be up for watching at the Leg. My opinion of Shamrock corresponds with many of the forum members here (not a big fan)…

Participant

Absolutely keen.. glad to see another Eagles fan in Chengdu! Will be away in Shanghai so can’t watch the Derby but back shortly after and can join for round two..

Participant

Well that makes three :), I know a couple of other guys who might be keen too. I’ve touched base with the leg and they are happy to stream games for us, they only open at 5:30 though so it might depend on bounce down time.

I travel a bit too so won’t be around every week, but I’ve told Tony at the leg that I’ll let him know during the week before if there is a game we want to watch, so we can work on a weekly basis too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.