Air Asia 10 years: super cheap flights in 2012

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAir Asia 10 years: super cheap flights in 2012

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I just found out Air Asia has its 10th anniversary and is giving away absurdly cheap flights.

Although “from Chengdu” only offers 1 option, I think it’s a once in a lifetime price at the moment.

Chengdu to Kuala Lumpur: 344RMB

Kuala Lumpur to Chengdu: 279RMB

*Booking Period: 19 December 2011 – 15 January 2012

*Travel Period: 1 April 2012 – 30 June 2012

That’s like 5x less than what it normally would be!

I’m definately going there!! Chengdu party trip?

Participant

Yeah, i’ve flown Air Asia numerous times and they’re awseome.I love their funky little “airport” (more like a bus station!). it’s just a pity the travel period is after the winter here.

Participant

Once you fly to KL you can get some pretty cheap flights to Australia or Japan from there.

Quote:
    That’s like 5x less than what it normally would be!

easy there, you can get to KL for about 500-600 normally. I’m not talking about spring festival or other peak periods though

Participant

^

Ehh?? Where should I look for tickets then?

I checked both Ctrip and ITA Matrix Airfaire, and a round trip Chengdu-KL would’ve cost me about 3500RMB half a year ago…

Participant

AirAsia often has pretty cheap return flights popping up from here to KL – I booked a return flight last month for January (leaving in a week and a half yesss) and each way is roughly 350. With taxes, baggage etc it comes out to about 1200rmb.

Did you check any specific dates for price? I just looked at a random week in May and it was like 1300rmb each way as the cheapest..

Keymaster

Awesome deal. Too bad you can’t leave in January though. Once you’re in KL you can get AirAsia flights to other places really cheap. I don’t think they go to Japan or Australia though – 7, have you booked those tickets out of KL before? If so, where?

Participant

@Charlie – They’ve got some insane promotions on their site between KL and Melbourne/Sydney sometimes (I flew return from Melbourne to KL last year for 450 USD!), and they also fly from KL to the new airport near Tokyo.. forget the name, not Narita. Also Osaka, I think.

Quote:
    They’ve got some insane promotions on their site between KL and Melbourne/Sydney sometimes (I flew return from Melbourne to KL last year for 450 USD!)

That’s awesome! What month did you travel? I’d love to head back to Oz soon and roam the beaches!

Participant

@Brendan – Late November 2010. Go on the AirAsia Australia website, they’ve got some other deals right now..

Participant

I think with Air Asia you just need to constantly check their prices. They have some really good deals, weekend sales and the like, throughout the year.

I bought Chengdu-K.L. ticket for about 500 RMB at Spring Festival last year.

Oh and they definitely fly to Australia. My mate went Guangzhou – KL – Australia and back for 3500 RMB, although that was nearly 2 years ago.

Participant

I’ve never flown with them. I was just looking at their website & when you changed the origin city to KL it listed 3 Australian cities & 2 Japanese as destinations (in addition to a few in China.)

Participant

I was just looking there, Chengdu-Perth return for 1800 rmb plus taxes.

Looks like I might be heading to Oz for my summer holidays.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I was just looking there, Chengdu-Perth return for 1800 rmb plus taxes.

Damn, that is outstanding.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.