All of your WeChats are being harmonized

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAll of your WeChats are being harmonized

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

If there was any doubt before about the government monitoring your wechat account… I made a cheeky moments post about the anniversary of the T² and it was promptly hidden.

I was wondering why I didn’t get any likes or comments and suspected something. It still appears when I go through my own moments, but it doesn’t appear on friends’ phones.

So there you have it. We were right all along. Now I even more reason to be paranoid as my passport number and bank account are linked to my wechat account.

Keymaster

I almost posted that same image today. I posted it in the past, on this day. There are probably thousands of people (or more?) who are trying to post that exact image today. They probably have it setup to hide that image automatically. But it’s interesting (and smart) of them to let it appear that it’s been posted on your end without showing it to anyone (it’s like being shadowbanned on Reddit).

But really, was there any doubt that WeChat is being heavily surveilled? It’s the chief reason why WeChat has no chance at gaining real popularity overseas. Other than that small but overwhelmingly important detail, I think that WeChat is the the best mobile chat app that I’ve used.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.