Another Chengdu Newbie

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAnother Chengdu Newbie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Again, someone new in town, looking for nice places to go and nice people to meet. I arrived two weeks ago, and as a friend of mine already lives here for quite some years I already met some people, but you can never have too much people to have fun with.

So, I’m interested in the nice places to hang out, pub/club activities, sports, Chinese culture, etc etc, so actually anything thatcan be fun and / or interesting.

About myself, I’m Erik, 36, from Amsterdam, and I’m here to start up an IT company in software development. Not completely new, as the friend I mentioned before already has an IT company since 2008, so I’m lucky enough to have someone experienced to guide me through the Chinese ways to start up.

If there are any events coming up, let me know, I’m in for it.

Keymaster

Hi Erik,

I suggest you browse around Chengdu Places to find stuff that you’d enjoy in Chengdu, or check out our Quick Guide to Chengdu.

Where is your company located, what kind of software are you making? There are a handful of other foreigners in Chengdu working in software development – I work in the Tianfu Software Park.

Participant

Nice to meet you Erik!

Hi Charlie,

At the moment we have our office in the Incubation Center, but from December 1st we’ll have our new office in Financial City.

We mainly focus on developing solutions based on Microsoft technology, being a smartsourcing partner for some large companies in Europe.

I’ve heard that there are many IT things going on this moment is Chengdu, thus I’d be very pleased to meet other people in this business. If you’re able and willing to introduce me to some people you know I’ll certainly buy you a beer, perhaps two 🙂

Participant

solutions based on Microsoft technology? and I do know a company about that, in chinese, we call microsoft ‘weiruan’; and the name of the company i know is ‘rongwei’, a subsidiary of the 30th electronic institute of china.

and I myself work for a game company who are seeking for expanding into the western market.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.