Anybody Selling a Laptop or Netbook?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionAnybody Selling a Laptop or Netbook?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

I got burgled a few weeks ago and I’m looking to replace my knackered Netbook (pity the fool currently trying to flog that monstrosity…)

In the name of supporting local economy I thought I’d see if anyone was getting rid of one here before I hit the shops/Taobao; if so, drop me a message on the forum or a text on 13 548 182 821.

Xie xie!

Participant

Cam you tell us more about the way you got burgled? Like the possibilities he got into you into your apt. Is your place well secured, how many locks ect ect.

Participant

Sure Lucy, which use of this laptop and budget? with this is information we can understand the type of hardware that you need…

Agh Jerry, it’s a sad tale…they got in with a credit card by all accounts. Locks now changed, obviously.

Fed – thanks for helping! I’m basically looking for the cheapest going – really unsure how much they go for new, but I’ve seen a couple on Taobao for 1000 kuai or thereabouts…I need it for writing and Skyping basically, so I’m not fussy (not to sound like too much of a stereotype!)

Thanks guys!

Participant

Get a tablet. Worth it for your situation. There are tablets with an external keyboard. I have an adroid tablet, i never use it, just sits collecting dust, but if i travel, bam, its there with books and everything i need on the go. Not bad for 1800 for a generic tablet on taobao (it was the highest package, the regular package is about 1250).

My door’s edge protrudes outwards, so no card can fit though.. I think… Now im scared…

Participant

1000 for a netbook/laptop is difficult but like Jerry said a tablet with keyboard it’s a good idea:

LAPTOP

http://www.360buy.com/product/1003362107.html

http://www.360buy.com/product/1003436097.html

TABLET

http://www.360buy.com/product/645946.html

http://www.360buy.com/product/337208.html

Keymaster

Hit by a burglar, wow, really sorry to hear that. If you don’t find what you’re looking for on the forum, check computer city on the 5th floor, there are markets with second hand laptops for very cheap. You will have many options within the 1,000 yuan range!

You guys are stars thank you so much! The external keyboard option sounds great actually, I hadn’t thought of that…will check all these out. Thanks again and don’t worry – I was just the victim of rubbish luck I’m sure!

Damn, being burgled really sucks. Hope they didn’t get anything of real value.

Participant

Wouldn’t recommend tablet as your only device. Definitely not if you enjoy listening to music or browsing some websites while you are chatting/skyping. Multitasking sucks on a tablet. And what if you want to save pictures from your camera?

Plus, if you wanna sit in the couch with a tablet and do some heavy chatting, you’d have to have the keyboard on your lap. Where would the tablet go?

Laptop all the way. I only like tablets as an additional device.

Participant

1000 rmb laptops are hard to find… I got one 5th floor computer city for about 3800, good business one too. For a decent one, like what she is looking for, could run her about 2100-2500. 1000 is too low…

Good advice all! Thank you, and thanks for the anti-burglary wishes 🙂

The only really valuable stuff they got was the netbook and iPad, but they had all my writing on them (my memory stick was in the netbook)and pictures etc…so a little gutting.

Will take myself down to Comp City for sure and do some noseying.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    1000 rmb laptops are hard to find… I got one 5th floor computer city for about 3800, good business one too. For a decent one, like what she is looking for, could run her about 2100-2500. 1000 is too low…

1,000 yuan laptops are definitely not hard to find. You can find 500 yuan laptops.

Quote:
    Wouldn’t recommend tablet as your only device. Definitely not if you enjoy listening to music or browsing some websites while you are chatting/skyping. Multitasking sucks on a tablet. And what if you want to save pictures from your camera?

She mentioned writing and Skype – a tablet will work well in those situations if you have a physical keyboard. There are a lot of hypothetical scenarios where it’s not ideal (like heavy chatting on the couch haha) but there are also upside like it’ll be much lighter, have better battery life, be better for reading, etc. It’s worth consideration in my opinion since the number of things that you need a laptop for is being reduced every year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.