Renting a 2BR Apartment

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsRenting a 2BR Apartment

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all, my roommate has joined me in deciding to move (her to the US) so we want to find others to move into our place.

The apartment is a cozy 2 bedroom across the street from Sichuan Daxue’s west gate and close to every thing you could possible need from the Blue Caribbean area to restaurants to fresh vegetable markets and clothing stores. It’s a 3rd floor walkup in an older traditional neighborhood. the windows are full of grape vines! organic grapes delivered right to your bedroom! Rooms are decent sized and come furnished although the kitchen does not have supplies (no dishes, pots, etc). There is a floor to ceiling mirror in the hallway to practice your dance moves or watch your form when working out. Has fridge and microwave. We can sell you a rice cooker and an extra electric stove if you want. Bedrooms have big windows and outdoor ledges where we put plants and store clutter. It has an AC in the living room and we can sell you a pair of fans for the bedroom.

This is an older apartment so it’s got a few quirks but it has a fun personality and super friendly neighbors (and not a small number of them are lovely working girls from the bar street area if that’s your thing). The neighborhood is full of fruit trees, near a gym and pool, literally across the street from the university, there is a nice safe garage for bikes and ebikes. It’s a nice & interesting area if you want to learn chinese or like being close to night life. You can buy cheap supplies to cook or visit one of the dozens of great cheap restaurants. Monthy utilities are rarely higher than 200RMB a month.

This apartment is available starting in August, possibly august 1st although the rent is paid until august 15. We are looking for someone to take over the last 3 months of our lease (until November 15) and they can arrange to continue renting the apartment directly from the owner if they want. We pay 1600 per month, or 800 each so we want the people who move in to pay us the deposit directly and we will teach you how to deposit/send the rent money directly to the owner. We will turn over the keys once that payment is sent. Alternatively we can take your rent and pay it directly to the owner but if you decide to stay here long term you wont know how to do it by yourself (not a problem if you are chinese but foreign students might need help).

I move out July 29th and my roommate will be a few days after me (cuz I cant take my cat on the plane so we have to arrange a seperate method to send her and she will stay to do that) but you can probably stil stay here an extra week for free.

TL:DR Rent 1600p/m, 2 bedrooms, western toilet

Text 13540430337

Participant

You can come any time after july 1 to see it. It’s a bit messy with boxes and moving furniture around right now.

Participant

Hi! Just texted u on wechat! We are two Italian girls and we are looking for a 2bedrooms apartment since the second half of August. How far is it walking to the metro?

Participant

The landlady (who didnt know about our moving plans) randomly decided to raise our rent in the middle of our contract to 1900RMB. This apartment is ok but it’s basically falling apart and not worth that much. So anyway, we are bowing out & letting the greedy biddy find our replacements. Here’s to hoping we get back our deposit.

Keymaster

The landlady (who didnt know about our moving plans) randomly decided to raise our rent in the middle of our contract to 1900RMB. This apartment is ok but it’s basically falling apart and not worth that much. So anyway, we are bowing out & letting the greedy biddy find our replacements. Here’s to hoping we get back our deposit.

Good luck! The deposit pursuit routine when you move out is very typical in China. When you move into your next place it’s a good idea to take photos of the apartment when you move in and have the contract clearly state the terms of receiving the deposit. Of course, the landlord can choose to ignore a contract, but it’s a good idea to take those steps anyway, I find.

Participant

I’ve actually never had an issue before. My roommate has lived here 3 years and she doesn’t seem worried about losing the deposit so for now I am going to trust her judgement. At least it’s not much but it would sure be helpful to me right now!

Participant

and luckily my new contract is providing me my own apartment! First time yet in China (after 3 years!)

Participant

I’m totally with Charlie on this one. Getting your deposit back is VERY unlikely in China. Lots of people just don’t actually leave that final month or leave late and say screw the deposit in anticipation of a fight, so rather just let it go and get what they can out of it.

Mentality is, you’re gone now, why would I give you money back, I have to spend some money to clean up for the next tenant and have to spend some time looking for one, so, deposit — mine. Bye!

Good luck with it anyways, though, I suppose people are sometimes lucky!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.