Be Safe on the Roads

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBe Safe on the Roads

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

On the way home to Lonqquan this afternoon a horrific accident occurred just past the last subway stop. A young girl & guy were hit by a truck turning right. I have never seen anything like this before in terms of blood and gore.

Both bodies mangled like toy dolls. What made the situation more sickening was this cyclists in yellow who whipped out his camera and was taking close up photographs of each victim. There is no way a helmet would of saved this couple, but it’s better to be safe than sorry I suppose. I always try to stay clear of the big red dirt supply trucks and cement trucks… I actually saw four of them racing each other last week towards the third ring road into on coming traffic.

Be safe…

Participant

Wise advise which we should keep on reminding each other.

These trucks are indeed so dangerous, unfortunately often connected to “mighty” people who can make bad things disappear.

Keymaster

Jesus, that sounds truly horrific. You can’t be too careful sharing the road with cars, especially in China.

Participant

Well if i could ride a tank…. But yeah, in 2 years i kissed a lot of cars (which is actually ok) but also a lot of cars kissed me (which is not ok at all). China…..

Participant

I bailed on my mini bike a week ago. Another motorbike tried to sneak through a red light, and smashed into me at the intersection, of course my lil bike isn’t meant to withstand impact 😀

It looks like a kidney been removed, but actually just from where I landed on my own bike’s chain.

Lesson: it’s not just important to be careful of big red cement trucks, but be super aware of all moving vehicles.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster

Lesson: it’s not just important to be careful of big red cement trucks, but be super aware of all moving vehicles.

Electric scooters are the ones you really have to watch out for. I’m most fearful of them either hitting me or doing something stupid and driving me into the path of something larger and more dangerous.

Participant

“Electric scooters are the ones you really have to watch out for.”
    Silent, and so many people don’t know how the fuck to drive them, absolutely agree here.

Participant

That’s pretty terrible news, has anyone seen anything of it on the local news? I’ve seen those trucks at night and they actually seem to be the fastest thing on the road sometimes.

<span style=”font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 22px; background-color: rgb(251, 251, 251);”>Silent, and so many people don’t know how the fuck to drive them, absolutely agree here.</span>

They are really my biggest fear. We share the bike lane with something that can go twice as you as fast with sometimes 3 or 4 people on it. I get the impression from some people’s driving that they may have had a little baijiu with dinner, which doesn’t fill me with much confidence as they brake hard, overtake me on the right, or just behave unpredictably.

Participant

“We share the bike lane with something that can go twice as you as fast”

That’s why I go twice as fast as them, in the bus lane. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.