Best-before date?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBest-before date?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone, ive just encountered a bit of trouble with best-before dates; ive just bought some snacks (pocky) and all serm to be expired a couple of months ago. I dont know how to read chinese but as far as im concerned in the bottom part the date has already passed, anyway y surfed the wen and found that in China is very common to have printed the production dqte instead of expiration date, sooo is it true?

Or i better go claim to the store? 😛

Btw i have just been in the city for four days and nowhere outside tianfu soft park so im a newbi jeje

Participant

as far as I know the date is almost always the date of production.

Participant

Besides the production date it will also say “保质期” (best before date) and behind it xx月/年 (month/year). Add this to the production date and you’ll know if it’s still save to eat your stuff.

Wow I never really think to pay attention to expiry dates. Good on u, making the effort to clarify n all.

Participant

Sometimes they have only 1 date – the production date – and list elsewhere in Chinese how many months from production it’s good for..and you’re left to do the math 😀 Look for something like #月, then add that on to the single date if that’s the case..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.