Best Mandarin spoken movies

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBest Mandarin spoken movies

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m trying to watch a bunch of Mandarin spoken movies (with English subs) to improve my listening comprehension.

Got any good movie tips?

I’ve seen mostly martial arts movies so far such as:

Ip man 1

Ip man 2

Fearless

and a bunch of Bruce Lee movies…

But I’d like to see other kinds as well such as thrillers, comedies, scifi, romcom, whatever!

I like anime too, but it seems hard to find Mandarin dubbed anime (+ English subs) 🙁

Participant

Series are welcome as well, although it’s probably difficult to find subs for those.

Participant

Series are welcome as well, although it’s probably difficult to find subs for those.

Participant

“Ashes of Time” (i think in Chinese it’s Dong Xi Xie Du’). Masterpiece…..

Participant

“Ashes of Time” (i think in Chinese it’s Dong Xi Xie Du’). Masterpiece…..

Participant

All the dvds have at least English and Chinese subtitles.

Most Japanese anime have Chinese dubbed version, and some of them (such as Miyazaki Hayao’s anime) have multi language subtitle.

Isn’t it suppose to be watching Mandarin movies with Chinese subtitle that improve your listening comprehension faster?

Participant

All the dvds have at least English and Chinese subtitles.

Most Japanese anime have Chinese dubbed version, and some of them (such as Miyazaki Hayao’s anime) have multi language subtitle.

Isn’t it suppose to be watching Mandarin movies with Chinese subtitle that improve your listening comprehension faster?

Participant

失恋33天 was really good. I think it came out this past fall – all my students were obsessing over it so I finally got the dvd, loved it, Eng subtitles too which was good. It’s sort of a… drama/comedy/touch of romance. Beautifully filmed and good story.

Participant

失恋33天 was really good. I think it came out this past fall – all my students were obsessing over it so I finally got the dvd, loved it, Eng subtitles too which was good. It’s sort of a… drama/comedy/touch of romance. Beautifully filmed and good story.

Some of Yimou Zhang’s movies are co-produced with foreign companies, such as with Columbia Pictures.The Road Home / My Father and Mother is among them. It’s a touching story.

Some of Yimou Zhang’s movies are co-produced with foreign companies, such as with Columbia Pictures.The Road Home / My Father and Mother is among them. It’s a touching story.

Keymaster

Check out Let the Bullets Fly (让子弹飞). They speak some Sichuanhua in it.

Keymaster

Check out Let the Bullets Fly (让子弹飞). They speak some Sichuanhua in it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.