Best Pie in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBest Pie in Chengdu

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Who does it? It’s almost 3.14!

Sadly, the only place that comes to my mind that sells pie in Chengdu is Leanna’s.

Keymaster

What’s 3/14? Peter’s and Grandma’s Kitchen both have pie as well, in addition to Leanna’s. Not sure where the best pie is though. Not really pies but Mike’s Pizza Kitchen apparently has cake, too.

Participant

CHARLIE! Really?

π: 3.1415926535 8979323846 2643383279 5028841971 6939937510 5820974944 5923078164 0628620899 8628034825 3421170679

Participant

Sorry for the double post.

Quote:
    Peter’s and Grandma’s Kitchen both have pie as well, in addition to Leanna’s.

But I have tried the Peter’s pies. They are not terrible. Very hard if I recall. On that note, now that I think about “the glass case”, Casa Mia, also has some? I think?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    CHARLIE! Really?

I think you’ll be celebrating this holiday alone, Eric.

Relevant

Participant

I celebrated that one last Saturday Charlie, sometimes ….holidays…. come…. early.

Participant

So….how was the steak?

Participant

Back to the pie…you might try Cakey Butta. They do the desserts for the Lazy Pug, and while I haven’t had their pie, they brought by some Dulce de Leche Brownies the other day that everyone here loved. Their Cakey Butta Taobao Page says they have pie.

Participant

Pie as in Savory? The best savory pie in Chengdu is MYDO near the university North Gate.

Participant

@Mikes That sounds good. Although, the 2 Hearts rating on Taobao does admittingly worry me slightly. (I guess they just started?)

@Ian: … I suppose… That is also a pie… But… well, I think you know already.

Participant

I have gotten decent pie at Peter’s (though haven’t been in ages) by going up to the case and asking for a very fresh one. I would pass if there were more than a couple slices out of it. However, pie in Chengdu is definitely a problem. Most have been either refrigerated or stored at high, like ambient Chengdu, humidity, which is bad for the crust.

Cantonese or Portuguese (Macau) style egg tarts and coconut tarts are pretty common in town though. Or you could seek out a Yunnan rose pastry or lao po bing.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Their Cakey Butta Taobao Page says they have pie.

That looks delicious. I will try that one day, thanks for linking to this.

poonan pie?

Quote:
    poonan pie?

Mmmmmm, warm poontang pies…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.