Best Place to Buy Bootleg DVDs

HomeForumsIn ChengduBest Place to Buy Bootleg DVDs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Surprisingly, this hasn’t been covered on the forum before!

Where are people’s favorite / best place to buy some DVDs–both TV and movies? Where has the best selection?

Participant

kickasstorrents.com

Participant

Used to be lots of places all over.. back of any shop that sold media, lots in Computer City — now the ones I’ve seen at Computer City are all relatively small, farther (like sometimes they’ll drag you to another building nearby) and crappy compared to what it once was. I’m with squirrel suit, just download all you want – there’s no DMCA complaints coming through China ISPs so there’s no repercussions (yet).

Keymaster

This has definitely been covered here but not in years because very few people are buying DVDs nowadays, everything is just streamed or torrented online in China. The place to go is still Computer City (4th and 5th floors) but it seems like there aren’t nearly as many sellers as there used to be.

Participant

Thanks! Somehow I missed that thread–didn’t search for the right terms, I guess.

I’ll check through these torrents.

Participant

If you happen to live near Oakwood Hotel in Xinxiwanlu, there’s a shop downstairs in the basement behind the Century 21 office opposite of the hotel. They have a really good collection of both new and old stuff and the lady can pretty much get any title you ask for in a few days. Oh and loads of TV shows too, all seasons. She’s really fun and friendly as well. I think it’s only open in late evenings though, not sure.

Participant

I usually stream stuff of bilibili.com but for those slow internet nights there is a friendly DVD guy who usually posts up outside Sabrina’s in Tongzilin (the dude knows his market). He has a small but decent selection.

Participant

Its a good idea to check where there are outdoor markets, there is normally someone selling dvds, also when they ask what you are looking for, asking for ‘foreign films’ that seems to be the que to show ‘adult films’ btw

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.