Best Place to Get an Eye Exam?

HomeForumsIn ChengduBest Place to Get an Eye Exam?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody got experience with getting an eye exam done in Chengdu?

It seems like you can buy frames almost anywhere but my friend in Shanghai suggested I go to a proper optometrist for good lenses.

Keymaster

Hi Alan,

Any place that sells glasses in Chengdu can give you the eye exam for free – I would just do that. There are probably 100 such places around Chengdu.

In the States you’d go to an optometrist but that seems pretty unnecessary to me since almost all of the eye exam has been automated. Now you look into a machine and it figures out almost everything automatically (as opposed to an optometrist asking “right one or left?” thirty times in a row).

Participant

Hi Alan,

I’ve been wearing glasses for 10 years, which means I’ve done lots of eye exams in Chengdu. lol

I used to take eye exams in West China Hospital. But they still do it with the old way. Like putting examining lenses one by one using hands not the virtual lenses controlled by computers. So it’s not that precise. And I went to Jingyi Glasses(Chunxi Rd North 19-21 春熙路北段19-21) They get several options of eye exam, like normal ones and professional  ones. I recommend to get a professional optometrist. The price is lower than 10 yuan, after all.

And if ur spectacles are ok (like the degree of astigmatism is under 400) then u could get lenses there. However, if they don’t get proper lenses for u and tell you they have to book the lenses. My advice would be get the lenses on Renmin North Road 2nd Section(near the train station) . There are lots of optical shops offering lenses with reasonable price.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.