Blocked?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but it seems that StrongVPN and Gmail are blocked. Well, at least for me that is. Hopefully this isnt the case for others.

I tried accessing both gmail and StrongVPN from school and my apt, which leads to no avail. Both places has different internet providers, so which lead me to the basic assumption.

Can someone check if this is not the case?

Participant

Just accessed Gmail, premature conclusion on that end…

Gmail is intermittently blocked for some reason. Someone is either having a laugh, or can’t make their mind up.

Participant

gmail is fine over here.

Participant

Nothing is ‘blocked’. Beijing experienced a pretty big routing failure and lots of sites are very intermittent or appear inaccessible for lots of China Telecom subscribers (not sure about Unicom). I’m on StrongVPN right now. It was dropping frequently all morning. Lots of my company sites/client VPN were also unavailable or available intermittently.

Just wait a few and all will be good 😀

Participant

Everything seems to be fine now. Things were on and off all morning. Guess thats expected..

Quote:
    Nothing is ‘blocked’.

I have to say I’m not so sure with gmail. I opened gmail accounts for some of my office staff a while back for the docs feature, but abandoned the idea because of continued failed attempts to log in. I was always fine so long as I was on my VPN, but anytime I tried to login on Chinanets (Telecom/Unicom) I would have sporadic service.

AOL for the win! 😀

Participant
    Quote:
    AOL for the win!

What year is this, 1994?

I never really have trouble logging into gmail. Some of the time the chat feature doesn’t work and 95% of the time the other google features don’t work (docs, calender, images, etc..) but I usually don’t run into problems checking my mail.

Only took 30 minutes to coax a retro comment for AOL. 😀

Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.