Book Groups in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBook Groups in Chengdu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anyone know about any book groups in Chengdu?

Thanks.

Sara

Keymaster

The Bookworm in Yulin is probably your best bet. That’s where all the writers and heavy readers seem to hang out.

Participant

I saw this ad recently:

‘Monsters and Critics’ is a brand new bookclub established right in the heart of Chengdu. We are looking for five people to join us for our first meeting in the Bookworm on Thursday October 18th. ‘Monsters and Critics’ is open to everyone including expats and locals, and we will welcome anyone who enjoys reading and passionate discussion. Each month a member nominates a novel or non-fiction book for the group to read and every three weeks we meet to exchange views and discuss what we thought about it. At ‘Monsters and Critics’ you can talk about books, meet new people and enjoy a drink. Attendees may drink orange juice but it is generally discouraged. Our first choice of book is Julian Barnes’s ‘The Sense of an Ending’, winner of the 2011 Man Booker Prize. The first meeting will take place in the Bookworm on October 18th at 8:00pm. For more information e-mail Alex at [email protected] or call 18280391806.

If you like the sound of ‘Monsters and Critics’ and would like to join us, please confirm your attendance in advance.

Participant

couchsurfer has a literary event every week at the bookworm. i cant access the calendar atm, but it’s there.

Participant
    Quote:
    Attendees may drink orange juice but it is generally discouraged.

Good point. If I have three or more glasses of orange juice in an hour chances are I’m taking my shirt off and jumping on the stripper pole.

Thanks Iona for the info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.