Buy a Phone in China, HK, or Europe?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBuy a Phone in China, HK, or Europe?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Can someone please advise me whether there are differences between phones bought from different regions and, if there are differences, then what they are. My special interest is in Note 2 LTE atm, which I plan to buy in the next week. But Im worried some features may be turned off in phones bought here..

Thanks 🙂

Participant

If i checked good, you haven’t problem with this mobile if bought in China… I remember with iPhone for example, you can have some SIM card region locked but with Samsung i don’t think so…

Participant

If i checked good, you haven’t problem with this mobile if bought in China… I remember with iPhone for example, you can have some SIM card region locked but with Samsung i don’t think so…

There’s no LTE in China, just so you know.

Retail prices for any foreign goods sold in China tend to be a little higher.

There are no “features turned off,” but currently you can’t access the entire Google Play (app store) in China. You can only download the free apps, with the usual apps blocked like facebook, twitter. That doesn’t really have anything to do with the device itself, but rather the network. There are some easy workarounds though.

If you can easily get it from outside China, you might save some money. Just make sure it’s unlocked for international use.

There’s no LTE in China, just so you know.

Retail prices for any foreign goods sold in China tend to be a little higher.

There are no “features turned off,” but currently you can’t access the entire Google Play (app store) in China. You can only download the free apps, with the usual apps blocked like facebook, twitter. That doesn’t really have anything to do with the device itself, but rather the network. There are some easy workarounds though.

If you can easily get it from outside China, you might save some money. Just make sure it’s unlocked for international use.

Participant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_II#Table_of_variants

I can tell you that sometimes there is also a slight difference in specifications, for instance variations in CPU speed or RAM capacity (the S3 has a lot of varities). But on first sight that doesn’t seem to be the case for the Note 2 LTE.

Google until your eyes bleed!

Participant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Note_II#Table_of_variants

I can tell you that sometimes there is also a slight difference in specifications, for instance variations in CPU speed or RAM capacity (the S3 has a lot of varities). But on first sight that doesn’t seem to be the case for the Note 2 LTE.

Google until your eyes bleed!

There’s no point in having an LTE phone in China though. If you get it, make sure to turn off the LTE antenna, otherwise it will drain your battery significantly for nothing.

There’s no point in having an LTE phone in China though. If you get it, make sure to turn off the LTE antenna, otherwise it will drain your battery significantly for nothing.

Keymaster

Buy in HK if you can, otherwise just get it in China. As Vincent said, there is no point to buying an LTE phone since it won’t be of use inside China.

Keymaster

Buy in HK if you can, otherwise just get it in China. As Vincent said, there is no point to buying an LTE phone since it won’t be of use inside China.

Participant

I want the LTE for when I return to my home country. Thanks a lot, everyone 🙂

Participant

I want the LTE for when I return to my home country. Thanks a lot, everyone 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.