Buying a Kindle in China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBuying a Kindle in China

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone ever done this?

Can you get a legit one in Computer City?

What about the prices?

There’s a ****load of them on Taobao but I’m not sure whether the sellers are trustworthy. Also prices vary a ton.

Thanks for any info!

I once looked for one in Beijing to no luck. Cant you order straight from Amazon US?

Keymaster

I’m not sure if you can get them in Computer City, but you can definitely get them on Taobao. Legit ones. If you get the 3G model, I believe it has worldwide 3G access for free (downloading books, syncing progress, etc).

I’ve been seriously considering getting one over the last few days since the iPad 3 apparently overheats pretty commonly. From what I’ve gathered so far, it seems like the $79 Kindle (the base model now, I think) is just as good as the Kindle Touch since the touch screen functionality isn’t that useful just for reading books.

You can also buy it from Amazon.com and have it shipped to China.

Participant

my sis is coming to visit next week and is gonna bring over the basic model. looks like they improved it a lot over the years. excited to get my read on, after devouring all the paperbacks i could beg/borrow/steal

Participant

my sis is coming to visit next week and is gonna bring over the basic model. looks like they improved it a lot over the years. excited to get my read on, after devouring all the paperbacks i could beg/borrow/steal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.