Buying Electronics in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBuying Electronics in Chengdu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys, im looking for a good android tablet, but of course i know of Computer city/Digital square. Yet isnt it better to just do some research online before buying at the local venue? Does anyone know of any place that have good electronics and able to research them? Taobao yes, but not sure if buying high end stuff is viable on taobao (words from a chinese bud) and also is it possible to haggle the price when dealings in person (computer city ect ect).

Participant

Haggling at computer city is not an option, it’s a must! Take no prisoners!

Participant

I usually use TaoBao, limit it to Chengdu searched (for whatever specific item I want), then contact the seller and find where they’re at. You get a local purchase and from an actual shop – usually the ‘non retail’ shops where you gotta go up in a building (sometimes right next to computer square), and get it directly from them.

This way you get the best price, no negotiation needed, and have an actual shop to take it to if something happens.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I usually use TaoBao, limit it to Chengdu searched (for whatever specific item I want), then contact the seller and find where they’re at.

That’s what I do also, works great. If the item isn’t available in Chengdu, I’ll just have it shipped to me. It’s a pain to set up at first with Zhifubao and everything but once it’s set up and you know how it works it takes about 2 minutes.

Participant

If you’re looking to buy a Chinese brand android, here’s a website where you can do some research about the different available types: http://www.clonedinchina.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.