Where to Buy Eyeglasses?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere to Buy Eyeglasses?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have any tips about buying a pair of eyeglasses in Chengdu? Any recommended stores? Experiences buying online?

I’m looking for a good deal, but am also willing to spend a lot because I’m legally blind and a good pair of glasses is important to me. I need the thinnest and lightest lenses available. I don’t care for brand name frames. Willing to get knockoffs as long as they’re of reasonable quality.

Keymaster

I would get frames online (much cheaper and greater selection) and then take them into a local shop to have the lenses made for them. Prices for the lenses can get crazy but it seems like there are a million different options you can choose from, including thickness. I think prices start at a few hundred rmb for lenses and can easily be several thousand for the most expensive.

Participant

Anywhere close to, or inside the large universities. Prices are competitive (cos most of the customers are cash-strapped students) and quality is good (cos the cash-strapped students wanna see what the teacher writes on the board)….

I forget the name of the chain store opticians that has a logo that looks a little like a turnip (or other vegetable) with specs, but they’re decent. I think they offer free lifetime service and clean on what they sell.

Check out EGG too, they have some decent looking frames (with lenses) at pretty low price points. I think the general pricing there is 380, 580, and 780 RMB per pair, depending on what you choose. Also ready within 2 hours. Both IFS and Tai Koo Li have stores.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.