Buying iTunes Gift Cards in China

HomeForumsIn ChengduBuying iTunes Gift Cards in China

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Can anyone point me in the direction of a place selling genuine iTunes gift cards? None of the Apple stockists I’ve been to seem to have them…

Keymaster

You might want to try one of the unofficial Apple stores in Chengdu, but iTunes gift cards in China are notoriously not genuine. There’s an enormous black market of iTunes gift cards which I know a lot about. Here’s how it works in summary:

1. Scammers purchase iTunes gift cards with stolen credit card information obtained from overseas

2. They re-sell the gift cards to buyers online at 100% profit

So if you see an iTunes gift card that is cheaper than it should be, this is what’s happening behind the scenes.

Participant

Thanks Charlie. Yeah, whenever I walk past a place that seems to be selling genuine Apple products I always pop in and ask but no joy so far.

I was kind of hoping for a specific recommendation from someone who has actually purchased the real deal so if anyone out there has any info it would be much appreciated!

Participant

i have never seen these cards anywhere here or in hk. why not have a friend abroad purchase say a $15 or $25 card and text the passkey to you?

Participant
    Quote:
    i have never seen these cards anywhere here or in hk. why not have a friend abroad purchase say a $15 or $25 card and text the passkey to you?

Thanks Les. I think I’ll be off to Tokyo next month so I guess I’ll just stock up while I’m there then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.