Buying Mobile Phones in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionBuying Mobile Phones in Chengdu

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

@Ziich: let me know if you hit that place. We can go together and i can share my extensive knowledge of cellphones with you. (salesman today said “you want a jellybean or an ice cream sandwich” WTF?? Confusion reigns…)

Those are different versions of the Android operating system. Android gets confusing fast. I don’t know why they would even mention that, I would assume they’d say we have this or that model phone rather than we have this or that operating system. Certain phones don’t support the latest version of Android though, which might be why they mentioned it. Check this out: Android Version History

@Ziich: let me know if you hit that place. We can go together and i can share my extensive knowledge of cellphones with you. (salesman today said “you want a jellybean or an ice cream sandwich” WTF?? Confusion reigns…)

Well I decided to go another route and picked up an HTC One X+ (not the brand new HTC One). The specs are similar to the Nexus4 and it was about 600 RMB less, but at the cost of not being a “pure” Google phone – nothing that a little nerdy phone hacking can’t fix.

I had it for 2 weeks before half of the screen died – manufacturer defect. So I’m hoping to get my replacement soon and I’m still sort of regretting not just getting the Nexus4. Everyone that I’ve talked to with one loves theirs.

Anyways. I’m a huge android nerd now and I’d be willing to help out the less technologically advanced.

Participant

Well I’m finally in Chengdu so first on the agenda is sorting out my phone situation. I’m going down to computer town soon but do I have to haggle for the best price or are the prices fixed?

Well I’m finally in Chengdu

Did I just see you and another guy walking past me as I left my gate at Times?

A good way to gauge prices is to look on tabao.com, search the model you’re interested in, and see what the general/best price is. You may even find Chengdu vendors advertising their if you filter results by location (presuming you use google chrome with translate plug in). Either way, if you have these prices as reference it’s a good starting point for negotiation face to face.

Participant

Don’t that was me. I’ve had the good fortune to be with groups of girls over my few days here but you never know. Thanks for the tip.

Well I’m finally in Chengdu

A good way to gauge prices is to look on tabao.com,

taobao.com

What kind of phone are you looking for?

Participant

I’m looking for a Samsung note 2. I’m not sure what a good price for one is but I’ll check taobao for the latest prices

Participant

Robert in Thailand won’t be back until next week so don’t have the address at hand.

Participant

lucky you!  Could you get it for me when you’re back please?

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.