Calling all Chengdu DJ's

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionCalling all Chengdu DJ's

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I’m setting up a page on Chengdu Living to host mixes from DJ’s in Chengdu, both expats and locals. If you have a DJ mix that you’d like to be hosted here (for free) alongside other local DJ’s, send a link to the mix with tracklist and info to [email protected]

I already have 4+ DJ’s submitting mixes for this, hopefully we can round up some more and have a place where people can check out what DJs in Chengdu are up to.

In the meantime, anyone can download some of my DJ mixes from my website: http://mixes.justcharlie.com

Participant

Yes, thanks Charlie. A dedicated forum for DJs in Chengdu is the way to go.

What about not just for mixes though, self-produced tunes and the like…?

Nice one, looking forward to this. I figured there weren’t really any DJ’s in Chengdu…

This will be interesting to see develop. Collaboration is what’s needed to bring Chengdu’s music scene forward!

I’d definitely like to see Chengdu based producers showing off their wares too. Big ups!!

Keymaster

I’ve got about 6 DJ’s participating so far and will finish uploading the mixes (4 already done) and create the page in the next few days!

Participant

Hey Charlie-

Did you make this page yet? I’d be interested in checking out some sounds of Chengdu!

If you’d like you can include my latest mix to the list. I’m not a resident yet, but still plan on moving to Chengdu in August.

http://soundcloud.com/bigsnax/spring-mix

Keymaster

Not online yet! I know it’s taking a long time, but I’ve already collected 8 mixes (5+ hours of music). I’ve already transferred most of it to the CL server and will post a link to the downloads here.

Great news that you’re coming to Chengdu by the way! The new Xiong Mao (Panda Club) should be opening right after you arrive.

Participant

I just recently saw your message to me at another forum, but i would still like to contribute to the mixes. I will mail it to you asap.

Keymaster

Send it over! I haven’t received it yet.

Participant

“I like electro, I like retro I like ghetto, house and techno.”- Green Velvet.

Set up my numark USB controller last night, carry-on was a good call as none of the knobs broke. Working on a mix soon mainly noisy electro/ acid-house/dnb I like to dance.

Participant

Good news! More DJ’s.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.