Calling all Pool Sharks…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionCalling all Pool Sharks…

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

So I recently started playing Pool/Billiards again with enough consistency to buy myself a decent cue, and I’m keen to see/hear what any of you might consider to be the best Pool Halls in Chengdu.

I’ve been to ‘Eastern’, and the other club whose name I forget right next door in Tongzilin. Eastern was the better of the two, but not great on account of the tables being a little too close to each other, and the hall having no ventilation from the ever drifting smoke cloud.

I’ve been going to Wangjia Alley Pool & Snooker Club, just inside the 1st Ring Rd. (NW). It’s a nice place, always has free tables, and everything is really well looked after but for the odd scuff on the table beds.

I’d love to find somewhere that was non smoking (I know that’s a big ask in China!), but most of all I’m just keen to find out where the very best halls are. I’m living right beside the Dongmen Bridge Metro, so anything closest to there is a bonus, but I’m not too fussed about that.

If you know of places worth checking out, please let me know, and include any map links or pics, web links, etc. if you have them.

Thanks!!

Keymaster

Seek out The Cowboy at Shamrock, he plays and competes in their pool competitions pretty regularly. He has been the expat to beat for years from what I’ve heard. I’m not too sure about skilled Chinese players.

Participant
    Quote:
    He has been the expat to beat for years from what I’ve heard.

Actually D.Bassman is the expat to beat, although Boyd is a great player.

The best players in town play at the shamrock. The competition used to be on Wednesdays but I think they moved it to Thursdays.

Really looking for fully fledged Pool Halls here.

Participant

Yeah come on guys, Brendan in the shamrock? April 1st is still a long way to go…

Quote:
    Yeah come on guys, Brendan in the shamrock? April 1st is still a long way to go…

LOL!!

Participant

The only one I’ve been to recently is the one beside Carrefour at TongZiLin – above the indoor soccer field thing (3rd floor, across the rooftop area)..it’s alright, at least worth checking out for comparison I guess.

Participant
    Quote:
    Eastern was the better of the two, but not great on account of the tables being a little too close to each other, and the hall having no ventilation from the ever drifting smoke cloud.

They used to have one in the back hall (to the left as you walk in) that had a bit of space round it. Been ages since I was last there so it might not be there anymore.

You could try the basement of the sichuan uni stadium. I’ve only played snooker in there but they have pool tables too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.