Checklist?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChecklist?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys, i havent made an actual checklist yet, but what are ‘essential’ items to bring when heading to Chengdu, for other general Joe’s out there?

From the forum, it seems that some of the important things are:

Vitamins (multi one day and poss fish oil)

Condoms (i’m against this but meh)

ID (VERY important)

Chain and lock (a good one that isnt easily breakable)

Anything else to add? How about cash? And will cloths be an issue?

Shanx!

Participant

Don’t forget the key of both your home country’s and china’s, and air ticket

Participant

I’m not there yet, but I was told that I should buy clothes here because I’ll have a hard time finding them big enough for me there.

Participant

Ditto on the cloths! But ill probably bring allot of books, that will take up the weight.

So yea:

Underwear

Socks

Jeans (2?)

Dockers (2-4?)

Is it viable to get an electronic english/chinese dictionary?

Participant

Bring electronic english, chinese dictionary there can buy.

Underwear, Socks, Jeans, Dockers can buy them anywhere

I want to know where sell electronic music bilingual book ?

Keymaster

One thing about books: I used to go to SE Asia every year and come back with a backpack literally jammed with books to add to my collection. Until a few years ago finding good books in Chengdu was virtually impossible, now we have the Bookworm but the prices are still extremely high.

After getting an iPad though, it has made things so much simpler for me. If you read more than 2-3 books a year, an iPad (or Kindle) will make a great investment for you. Books are just too cumbersome these days unless you’re all about the nostalgia of printed pages.

Very interesting thread since I’ll be also moving to Chengdu soon. It’s not my first time that I’m living abroad for a longer time but it is my first time I am not staying at a place (abroad) where it is not constantly hot/warm. So how about the winter in Chengdu (I’m Austrian so I’ve been able to experience some strong winters at home)? Is it necessary to bring a lot of warm clothes (I’m gonna stay for at least four months starting from September), is one thick jacket sufficient, how about warm (equals heavy) shoes for winter? I guess it shouldn’t be a problem to buy most of it in Chengdu since I’m normal European size (180 cm, 5.9 ft), right? Thanks, Dom

Participant

I have within 3 weeks to get everything i need to go there, my current checklist coincides with the luggage limit the airline stipulates.

2 luggage at 50 LBS each and one carry on bag, 15 lbs limit.

It rarely snows there, so i doubt temps can be vary low there. Ill just bring one sweater just in case.

Essentials are def extra small photos, similar to that on your passport.

Keymaster

Winter will be a piece of cake for you if you’re used to Austrian winters. It doesn’t get that cold here, it might snow once throughout the entire season. One thick jacket and decent shoes will do just fine!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.