Making the Most of My Time in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduMaking the Most of My Time in Chengdu?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I will be going to cheng du this september for a semester and would like to make the most of my time there. Does anyone have advice on how I can do this. Any past students have advice about the university life in general?

Keymaster

Hard to say without any information about what you want to do in Chengdu. Check out Chengdu Places, find places of interest, seek them out. Find friends and collaborators in the city. Learn Chinese.

Participant

Hard to say without any information about what you want to do in Chengdu. Check out Chengdu Places, find places of interest, seek them out. Find friends and collaborators in the city. Learn Chinese.

Like Charlie said, learn Chinese 🙂

Participant

I’m fairly new here too.  A vast number of people, Charlie definitely included, have gone out of their way to help me out and transition into this city.  Chengdu is a special place, and it’s home to some seriously cool folks.

With all the good fortune I’ve seen, I suppose it’s time for me to start giving back–when you get here, hit me up on WeChat.  My ID is adclayton.  You do have WeChat already, don’t you?  I’ll show you some of the great spots around town.

PS: Charlie, what the hell happened to Poly Center?!  I saw you recommended it to someone else, but with some reservations.  I’ve only been gone 4 months and it’s pretty gnarly now.   I remember good tunes being spun there…

Participant

Cheers,  I have informal lessons and practice with cheng du students now studying where I study. Last september I visited the CDU campus , they told us about renovating the international dorms but was curious about other peoples hidden gems in cheng du.

Cheers clayton, appreciate it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.