Chengdu Blades

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Blades

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

I’ve just arrived in Chengdu for a week’s holiday. One of the things I’d like to do is visit the Chengdu Blades.

I’m from England, the football team I support is Sheffield United. They have a partnership with a Chinese team in Chengdu, the Chengdu Blades.

If possible I’d like to visit the stadium, buy a shirt, or even watch a game if there’s one on.

Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

Participant

Hey Sam,

As you probably know the Blades are going through a bit of a rough time at the moment.

The season does not start until the middle of March so a game is out of the question.

As they are out of the Super League and in League 1 they play their home games outside the city to try and get the crowds up but their proper home stadium is the Chengdu Sports Centre which is located to the North West of Tianfu square. If you take the metro to Luomashi on Line 1 you can’t miss it.

There is a club shop there (it seems to have fairly random opening hours). Also around the stadium are loads of shops selling fake tops.

If you thought supporting the real Blades was tough you have no idea what it’s like supporting the Chengdu version.

Participant

Even for the biggest football fans, a week’s holiday in Chengdu definitely does not include visiting the sorry Blades

Haha, I thought it may be a long shot.

Though it would have been nice to have seen a game.

Thanks for the info any way.

Participant

I thought Sheffield cut all ties with Chengdu Baldes after the corruption scandal.

If they still own the club they provide as little backing as they can.

Participant

According to Wikipedia, that is correct. I find the wiki entry hilariously pathetic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_Blades_F.C.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.