Chengdu Named Mainland's Most Livable City

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Named Mainland's Most Livable City

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Chengdu mainland’s most liveable city, says Asia Development Bank

Although the source is hardly an arbiter of lifestyle values, this is nice to hear and something I basically agree with. I had a conversation last week with someone about livability in major cities in China and argued that Chengdu was among the top cities due to the combination of laid back small city feel and big city opportunities.

What I find interesting is that they reached this conclusion by utilizing and Environmental Livability Index which grades air and water quality and environmental management. I figure in that kind of assessment cities like Shanghai would score a lot higher. Still, cool.

Participant

It’s too bad they don’t provide a link with insight into the metrics used, instead just give an overview – I’d guess that Chengdu outscored most/all the other big cities in terms of water quality.. as for air quality, at least currently, we’re definitely worse off than lots of other major cities according to AQI statistics.

Your reasons for ‘small town feel’ and ‘big city opportunities’ is quite true too. I really think the biggest problem I have with Chengdu now, is air pollution..

Keymaster

I really think the biggest problem I have with Chengdu now, is air pollution..

Me too, no question.

Participant

I really think the biggest problem I have with Chengdu now, is air pollution..

This is practically my only problem with Chengdu. It’s not the shocking numbers or the gloomy days that get me though. It’s the constant grey skies that are just demoralizing when they’ve been over your head for weeks at a time. It makes it all the sweeter when we get broken clouds and sunshine like today though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.