Chengdu Sightseeing and Attractions

HomeForumsIn ChengduChengdu Sightseeing and Attractions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Live in Chengdu for a while. Already have visited all more or less famous places as Wuhou, Wenshu, Green Ram abbey, etc.

As being locals for a while, could you please suggest some other places, not so famous among foreigners, but maybe demanded for locals. I guess Chengdu has many more other things to show apart from ones displayed on tourist maps.

Apart from that, could you please mention your favorite spot for: shopping, clubbing, eating, drinking, etc (these ones are needed for my research).

Regards.

Keymaster

Hey Slavsky,

If you haven’t already, I would browse around Chengdu Places to see which spots you haven’t seen yet. Pretty much everything listed on the site is worth checking out at least once. The criteria for adding a new place is pretty high, it has to be good.

Some suggestions:

Check out Sichuan Opera

Visit a Spa

Eat dumplings

Check out the Jinsha Excavation Site

Visit Flower Town (best to wait until Spring for this one)

Participant

See below

Shopping: Chunxi road(centrelised shopping malls), Ruffle city, Wanxiang city.

Clubbing: Jiuyan bridge neighbor section九眼桥, Shaolin road Neighbor少林路.

Eating: all over chengdu.

Drinking: asumme the same meaning of clubbing. see above

Participant

Charlie, Ikai, thank you very much for your reply.

Let me ask one more thing:

If a foreigner would ask you to suggest him a place in order to discover local culture, what would you suggest?

Such places as RenMin Park (fold performances, mahjong, etc) and some temple, where Kung Fu and Taichi training can be witnessed are widely known. What I’m trying to find out – are the places not so common. Like today I have heard suggestion about “Flowing Water Parl”, which has roots to Daoism religion. I was told than every single family from time to time spends a weekend there.

Do you have something else on your mind?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    If a foreigner would ask you to suggest him a place in order to discover local culture, what would you suggest?

Honestly I would suggest the places I suggested above. Never heard of Flowing Water Pearl before. Hotpot is another essential Chengdu experience.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.