Chengdu's Century Global Centre

HomeForumsIn ChengduChengdu's Century Global Centre

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, guys  in Chengdu:

I am sichuanese and can be your free guide.  Is there anyone interested in having a tour of Chengdu’s New Century Global Centre? I would like to go this nice place this month and wouldn’t mind showing some people around if you need a guide.

Keymaster

Is there much worth seeing inside the Global Center? I went shortly after it opened and found it to be a gaudy, mostly-deserted shopping mall. I know that the swimming pool (or beach?) part is open but I’d be curious to hear if it’s worth going back.

Participant

Aside from the kinda shitty airplane-hanger-ceiling but still very intriguing pool worth 1 visit (not 2), and the kinda-crappy small-dull-skates-only rink on 4th floor…there is nothing unique about the Global Centre that I found. My buddy arrived in Chengdu for a 2 week trip 2 weeks ago, and first day we went there to show ’em upon request, ate lunch etc…he had no interest in going back for the remainder of his trip. The stores are pretty much a rehash of the same stores you see in all the malls in Chengdu. The movie theatre may be nice – didn’t catch a film there, but there are so many pretty nice movie theatres around I typically go to the one literally across the street at kai dan, not worth the 15min drive south to Global try.

It’s the type of place, I think, that is worth at least one visit. There are some interesting things – I saw a white dude selling hotdogs at the hotdog stand on food floor (4th floor) which was unique 😛 and seeing the shitty fake beach once is worthwhile, with the gigantic screen.. but it’s all pretty much just an exaggeration of all the other shitty malls.

Participant

The attached Intercontinental Hotel has a pretty awesome buffet if I do say so myself. Was treated there a few weeks ago for a thank you dinner so I’m not sure the price. Seating is near the pool so you can see the megaiscreen and water park off in the distance.

Participant

Hi, WoodWERD,3 Q for ur idea . I like to have this pretty awesome buffet when I am available .

Keymaster

it’s all pretty much just an exaggeration of all the other shitty malls.

This pretty much exactly how I interpreted it as well, although I am pretty impressed with Raffles City.

Participant

I’ve been a few times via the subway, but I drove past it in a taxi for the first time last week and it just seemed to be in my field of vision forever. I think it’s actually more impressive from the outside, though I have heard good things about the water park.

There has been twice as much of the mall open the last few times I’ve been, and yes it was a little generic. They also have these big curtains on the lower ground floor which seem to cut the whole thing in half and confuse shoppers. They also have a high ropes course that I’ve never seen anyone one.

Participant

Hi,guys,tks for ur informations , I will spend one day there to have a tourist.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.