China's First Transit Elevated Bus

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChina's First Transit Elevated Bus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

This thing just went into testing in Hebei. I remember seeing renderings of this many months ago and wondering if it’d ever be built, or how soon that would be. I can’t believe it’s happened so quickly.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/2/12360620/china-TEB-elevated-straddling-bus-unveiled

Participant

Assuming Chinese drivers will be able to stay between the white lines seems like a flawed theory.

Keymaster

Assuming Chinese drivers will be able to stay between the white lines seems like a flawed theory.

I hear you. I am trying to imagine how this fits into roads where it’s common to see people make u-turns in the middle of crowded roads. But honestly I’m surprised it’s even been built, I remember seeing a concept rendering of this a long time ago and thinking something will sink it before it actually gets built.

Participant

The question is, does it honk?

Participant

I would for sure drive in the DU once it arrives, i would just drive at the same speed underneath it in order to avoid all the intellect zombies on the road via automobiles and scooters.

Keymaster

Now educate some drivers, seriously.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.