Chinese cultural feast

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinese cultural feast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well first time post and bad English, hope u guys don’t mind.

Encouraged by a friend newly met, I decided to post something on this forum as a typical and traditional Chinese….namely, I am not into drinking and I don’t go to bars often,I guess there might be people who are just like me.

Anyway, this is for people who have great interest for traditional Chinese culture.From this weekend on to the beginning of December, chengdu will welcome a batch of our most famous and best artists specializing in drama playing,and of course they will bring us some of our best drama such as …jiangnan good man …as a famous Yue opera, …the peach blossom fan …as a famous Kunqu opera, and Godness marriage as a famous Huangmei opera…and so on..

About half of the tickets will be free, u can get the ticket if u are in the drama club,in certain community, or in school.And if not, the ticket prices varies from 50 to 350 cny, which is way much cheaper than usual.

Though I know this could be great challenge for most expats, but this could also be interesting and a great chance to know the best of our traditional culture…my suggestion is that if u are interested u first read books about this dramas and then watch them. I am gonna follow this and update the details if there is anybody interested.

Participant

Ting: do you know if it’s possible to view cock fighting in Chengdu or Sichuan? Im an animal lover, and i know its kind of a barbaric sport, but i have enjoyed watching it in different countries. I love me a good cockfight!
    BTW: your English is atrocious….:)

Participant

Hi Ray. Thanks. About the cockfight, I know it’s a kinda entertainment performed everywhere 50 years old.but nowadays there might be no such performances in the downtown area.i know in Tazishan park, in the Niaoyulin or the Bird Forest,there are still these performances from around 10 am,and it performs every one hour and half. Hope this helps.

Participant

This sounds great. I hope I can get to see some of these performances. Great tip about reading the book form first

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.