Chinese Girl Looking for a Language/Travel Buddy

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinese Girl Looking for a Language/Travel Buddy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am a Chinese girl, now settled in Chengdu for about 4 year. I want to learn about foreign cultures and learn foreign languages(French and Japanese especially).

So I wonder if I could find a person who want to exchange here. I hope it will be a person settled here for a longer time and enjoy to know about culture, language and so on. I hope you can speak French or Japanese so we could exchange.

I speak mandarin since a child so I do not have a dialect. I can speak good English(not as good as a local, but for me), beginner in French, not even begin in Japanese ,but I want to go there for travel so I would love to learn.

I graduate from Chinese Academy of Science in Peking and studied History of Sciences, mainly focused on the missionaries came to China in the 19th century who brought in Science, Education and medicine.

I have been working in a history magazine for 4 years first as an editor now as a reporter, so very interested in seeking history and culture. And visit this kind of places, especially about those Museums, the places with history(some churchs in Chengdu, old buildings, or so).

I read a lot of books, especially travel book, and Peter Hessler’s book River Town is one of them. I am interested in learning and seeing plants, birds, but do not know quite a lot right now. I am interested in local craft, ancient architecture and these kind of things and will to do travels in small villages without a lot tourist.

If we could get along well, and you like travel, we could sometimes be travel buddy.

I want to find some one who would like to visit this kind of place, and if time and other conditions if ok for both of us, we can go together. I can be your translator(English). Searth the information about how to get there and most background information.

This is all about co-travelling and share knowledge. We both pay our own expanses, and usually I intend to travel in low budget, that means take bus mostly, taxi only when not easy to get.

Current I can not say I can go where when, but My time is mostly in the weekend. We have to chat about time and place and way to go. You can find my at [email protected] (E-mail).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.