Clothes for Kids Fundraiser @ The Lazy Pug

HomeForumsIn ChengduClothes for Kids Fundraiser @ The Lazy Pug

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The Lazy Pug is hosting an event this week on Wednesday December 7th which is a charity event for local kids. Here are the details:

Clothing for Kids @ The Lazy Pug

Bring something warm for a child to wear. Something new preferably…hats, gloves, sweaters, etc… and receive 25% off the menu and drinks (bottles of wine included). It will start at 5 pm and, although the flyer below says 8pm, we will be going til 10 pm. The bar will stay open til the last person leaves.

Also, eggnog and bourbon martinis! Hope to see you there.

pug-xmas.jpg

If you aren’t familiar with The Lazy Pug, check out the forum thread on it here: The Lazy Pug

Oh this is awesome, I was just thinking yesterday it would be nice to either volunteer time and/or other to something like this over Christmas, especially given how fortunate most of us are comparatively speaking.

Big shout to the guys at Lazy Pug for doing this.

Participant

At least its not a fundraiser for prostitutes!!

Ill try to make it and bring some new cloths as donation….. I want some Chips and Salsa, its freakin AWESOME

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Big shout to the guys at Lazy Pug for doing this.

Totally. Big up Lazy Pug. They had me at eggnog.

Participant

They had me at 25% off

(and charity)

Damn sounds awesome guess I’ll try to stop by. How do I get there from Shen Ti Yu Guan? Is it walkable????

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Damn sounds awesome guess I’ll try to stop by. How do I get there from Shen Ti Yu Guan? Is it walkable????

It would be a very long walk (40+ minutes), you might be better off taking a taxi since it’s getting cold outside now in the evenings.

I have s@#t loads of old baby cloths, Haven wore them once or twice. Ltl Monster is growing too fast. They were bought in US so quality is good. Do they take old cloths?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Do they take old cloths?

Yes, pretty sure they would be happy to receive them.

Participant

Hello!

Sorry for the delay in answering questions about Wednesday’s charity event…thank you Charlie for doing it for us!

Yes, old clothes are very much appreciated. For those who do not have old kids clothes, it is very inexpensive to buy gloves, hats, sweaters, etc. For 40rmb or less you can buy something nice. It is the holiday season (not like we shouldn’t do these things all year!)so come have some bourbon spiked eggnog and help children in Sichuan Province. I will apologize in advance for the Christmas tunes! I LOVE Christmas music and Danny (my husband) and I fight every year about it! If you have any rockin’ Christmas songs PLEASE do bring and I will make sure your drink is heavily poured….

Happy Holidays!

The Pugs

Participant

Hey sounds good I am in.

Participant

Chips & salsa…. Hmm.. A long overdue burger… hmmm…. I cant wait til wends!!! Fundraiser for prostitu… I mean needy kids :P.

Participant

glad to see the pug doing this, they were very generous to donate to our charity luncheon in september.

keep up the strong spirit!

i’d be there but have prior obligations to the bookworm writing group.

@Dana: Am I safe in assuming we can give a cash donation to this. I haven’t had time to grab anything, and I don’t think any of my clothes qualify as kid size!

Participant

Brendan,

Yes, you are safe assuming a cash donation is very acceptable and appreciated. The people running this particular charity will be here and any cash can be directly handed to them.

Thank you in advance to all helping us make this a success! The weather is decent so….

Dana

Keymaster

I’ll be there around 9 or so, hopefully with Justin, Rachel and B-Payne (Brendan).

Quote:
    I’ll be there around 9 or so, hopefully with Justin, Rachel and B-Payne (Brendan).

(Original G.)

Participant

if it’s 9-ish i’ll catch you guys too…

Participant
    Quote:
    if it’s 9-ish i’ll catch you guys too…

Me too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.