Clothing Designers/Tailors

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionClothing Designers/Tailors

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve heard that China is the place to be if you want someone to create replicas of clothes on the cheap.

Has anyone here done this before or have any contacts of any designers who do this?

I know a lot of garments are made in Guangzhou, but I thought Chengdu must be a big enough city that might have a handful of tailors who do something like this.

Any thoughts?

Keymaster

I don’t think there is actually much of this in Chengdu, hence the traveling tailor coming to Chengdu twice and being met with a lot of business. I’m almost certain that Guangzhou is a much better place to get this done, although I don’t know very much about that city.

Keymaster

I don’t think there is actually much of this in Chengdu, hence the traveling tailor coming to Chengdu twice and being met with a lot of business. I’m almost certain that Guangzhou is a much better place to get this done, although I don’t know very much about that city.

You will not find this happening in Chengdu, unless you like badly made Michael Jackson Moonwalk Tour T-Shirts.

Guanzhou and Shenzhen should be top of your list, with Fujian coming in closely behind.

Do you have something specific in mind? I’ve done a fair bit of research into this myself over the last couple of years.

You will not find this happening in Chengdu, unless you like badly made Michael Jackson Moonwalk Tour T-Shirts.

Guanzhou and Shenzhen should be top of your list, with Fujian coming in closely behind.

Do you have something specific in mind? I’ve done a fair bit of research into this myself over the last couple of years.

A tailor from Beijing has been coming by Chengdu to do tailored mens’ shirts and suits. They’re very personable and speak English. I’ve had several shirts made by them. They come for a weekend to take measurements and orders, then they ship your stuff to you from Beijing.

I’ve been considering getting them to make me a Hugo Boss type suit.

A tailor from Beijing has been coming by Chengdu to do tailored mens’ shirts and suits. They’re very personable and speak English. I’ve had several shirts made by them. They come for a weekend to take measurements and orders, then they ship your stuff to you from Beijing.

I’ve been considering getting them to make me a Hugo Boss type suit.

Participant

I’ve just been wanting to upgrade my wardrobe for a long time now as it has been slowly been taken over by H&M gear.

Graphic tees like the “Michael Jackson Moonwalk Tour T-Shirt” would be awesome. I’d even opt for a Captain EO inspired tee if the quality was decent.

250px-Captain_EO_poster.jpg

I found some tailors on the north side of town but the quality looks pretty bad all around. I’ll have to get in touch with with this Beijing tailor for shirts and suits.

Chris…were you satisfied with the overall quality and look of your shirts that you had tailored?

Participant

I’ve just been wanting to upgrade my wardrobe for a long time now as it has been slowly been taken over by H&M gear.

Graphic tees like the “Michael Jackson Moonwalk Tour T-Shirt” would be awesome. I’d even opt for a Captain EO inspired tee if the quality was decent.

250px-Captain_EO_poster.jpg

I found some tailors on the north side of town but the quality looks pretty bad all around. I’ll have to get in touch with with this Beijing tailor for shirts and suits.

Chris…were you satisfied with the overall quality and look of your shirts that you had tailored?

Participant

Hi, I’m Michael who has been organzing the Tailor Made Chengdu events where we host a tailor from Beijing here in Chengdu.

Quite a few people on the forum have had suits and shirts made from us, and we’ll probably be organizing another event in May. At the last event the tailors took orders for around 35 suits and 60 shirts, and we expect to do even more next time. Chris picked up a few new shirts he ordered at the last event yesterday, so you can wait for his opinion too!

You can PM if you are interested or have any more questions, thanks!

Participant

Hi, I’m Michael who has been organzing the Tailor Made Chengdu events where we host a tailor from Beijing here in Chengdu.

Quite a few people on the forum have had suits and shirts made from us, and we’ll probably be organizing another event in May. At the last event the tailors took orders for around 35 suits and 60 shirts, and we expect to do even more next time. Chris picked up a few new shirts he ordered at the last event yesterday, so you can wait for his opinion too!

You can PM if you are interested or have any more questions, thanks!

Participant

What’s a typical price for shirts and suits from this guy?

Participant

What’s a typical price for shirts and suits from this guy?

Participant

Prices vary with the type of fabric used, at each price level there is a wide range of colors to choose from.

Suits from 1200/1600/1800/2000+RMB, shirts from 150/200/250/300+RMB. The prices are exactly the same as they charge customers in Beijing, where there clientele is about 95% foreigners, mainly due to their location next to the diplomatic residence compound.

Everything is customizable, for example length, button-holes, pockets, stitching color, collar/lapel size and shape etc. They take very accurate and detailed measurements too, so we haven’t really had many problems with size or fit yet. Any more questions feel free to PM me or call/text me on 13880577514. Thanks!

Participant

Prices vary with the type of fabric used, at each price level there is a wide range of colors to choose from.

Suits from 1200/1600/1800/2000+RMB, shirts from 150/200/250/300+RMB. The prices are exactly the same as they charge customers in Beijing, where there clientele is about 95% foreigners, mainly due to their location next to the diplomatic residence compound.

Everything is customizable, for example length, button-holes, pockets, stitching color, collar/lapel size and shape etc. They take very accurate and detailed measurements too, so we haven’t really had many problems with size or fit yet. Any more questions feel free to PM me or call/text me on 13880577514. Thanks!

Participant

There are two pretty decent looking mens tailors in the Top City building behind Isetan. The one I used was 鸿伟样服, address 成都市锦江区小科甲巷第一城1楼20号商铺 tel 028-86665616.

Participant

There are two pretty decent looking mens tailors in the Top City building behind Isetan. The one I used was 鸿伟样服, address 成都市锦江区小科甲巷第一城1楼20号商铺 tel 028-86665616.

Participant

Does the tailor from Beijing make men’s suits only, or do they make women’s suits as well?

Participant

Hi Jessica, I have sent you a PM.

If anyone else has questions feel free to PM me! Thanks! Next event should be in May.

Participant

Prices sound good, have you managed to arrange a date for May yet?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.