Coming to Chengdu Feb 3rd!

HomeForumsIn ChengduComing to Chengdu Feb 3rd!

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Avatar photoSS.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys!

I’m new to this forum, posted on one other thread which some of you may have seen!

As the title suggests, i’ll be arriving in Chengdu in the next few weeks and just had a few general questions if anyone would be able to help?

Firstly, I am a vegan and was wondering if there are any other veggies/vegans on this forum who’d be able to let me know any tips/tricks/how difficult it is etc. to eat vegan in China. I’m also currently trying to build muscle so are; nuts, seeds, grains, fruits and veg easily and readily available?

Secondly, will my electrical appliances work in China, primarily my nutribullet blender and xbox? I’m assuming that they would with some sort of adapter, does anyone know what type of adapter I need? (I’m aware I could google it, but i’m typing now so ya know).

Finally, my friend would like to know a little bit about money in China, i’m not entirely sure what he wants to know, basically we’ll be earning 4,000/pm with accommodation paid for, he’s wondering how much extra to bring with a little bit of travelling, drinking etc. involved.

Right, that’s all for now, i’ll be sure to edit the post if I think of any other last minute questions before I head out! Thanks for you time!

Louie

Participant

There are no shortages of beans, fresh fruit, vegetables along with grains albeit that you probably wont recognise a lot of them. The vegetable markets tend to be fresher than the supermarkets. You can even buy protein powder here but if you buy dried beans, seeds, grains or pulses in a supermarket such as Auchan they can grind it into powder for you while you wait. Check before you buy. Whole grains such as wheat, rye, barley and oats are not readily available in supermarkets but you might find them on Taobao. Bleached and wholemeal flour is available in some supermarkets that have foreign food sections.

Voltage here is 220 volts.

http://gochina.about.com/od/tripplanning/qt/Current_WallPlug.htm

More money is always advisable in a foreign country.

https://www.chengduliving.com/forums/topic/cost-of-living-in-chengdu-2/

Keymaster

There are vegans in Chengdu although from what I can gather their numbers are not huge. It might take some time to get acclimated to life in China (if you haven’t done that before) and figure out where the markets are and so forth. Chengdu Places lists a few of the larger produce markets in the city. Good luck!

Participant

The vegan protein thing will be far easier and more affordable if tofu and soymilk can be a regular part of your diet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.