Competition: Expats Performing Chinese 12/28

HomeForumsIn ChengduCompetition: Expats Performing Chinese 12/28

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Performing Chinese songs, poems, and tongue twisters.

Radio FM93.3 (Eye’s on Chengdu) will be hosting a competition this coming Saturday (28th December), 7pm at the Underground Bar.

They are seeking foreign volunteers to give their own rendition of a Chinese song, recite a Chinese poem or entertain with a Chinese tongue twister.

Although this is a competition (prizes, free beer), it is meant to be a bit of fun for the festive period.

The first 20 participants to register (call Cathy 13880327657) will get a free beer on arrival. Of course, anyone is welcome to attend – whether to participate or observe.

Participant

I sometimes work with these guys and can tell you it’s definitely going to be a hilarious and silly night. My Chinese friends are going batshit over the concept although my foreign friends find it a bit silly, but it’s still a good chance to meet some fun new people. So, if you are new in town or looking to meet new people in a casual environment, this is the place to go!

本周六大趴体的具体地址粗来了!大家口口相传啊~ everybody welcome!!!—–Underground bar, jiu yan qiao. In the tunnel between 1855 and the Havana cigar shop 成都市武侯区,太平南新街,6号1栋12-13号商铺。详细位置:九眼桥,Babi2 和1855慢摇吧之间的巷子里,隧道酒吧

Keymaster

Sounds wacky. Added to the December Events thread.

Participant

Hey Gary! Lovely to see you again on Christmas Eve. I entertain my Chinese friends all the time like this with my Wang Lee Hom/Jay Chou rap skillz. Hope it goes well tonight!

Participant

Hehehe Nice to officially meet you Gary. It was as hilarious as promised.

Participant

Thank you to everyone who came to the Chinese performance competition. It was interesting and fun. I hope you had a great time as I’m sure you did.

@Lisa – Thank Lisa. It was lovely to see you again at Christmas. I always appreciated our local dialect being spoken here in Chengdu :-). Happy New Year Lisa and see you soon. Cheers, Gary

@Tina
    – It was great to finally meet you Tina and, yes, I thought it was very good fun too. I won’t be rushing to volunteer to sing another song in Chinese any time soon but I think everyone put in a sterling performance and had a good time too. Happy New Year Tina and I hope to see you again soon. Cheers, Gary

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.