Cycling Event: Randoneurs of China, Sat. 2/22

HomeForumsIn ChengduCycling Event: Randoneurs of China, Sat. 2/22

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Randoneurs of China (ROCN) is a cycling advocacy that promotes the idea of self-challenging cycling sport and regularly organizes non-competitive cycling events.

On Feb, 22nd, 2014, they will guide a group on a tour of Chengdu’s countryside to Pujiang, a county located 80km to the southwest of Chengdu.  The road out there has recently been completed so the route should be on a nice surface with few automobiles/trucks.  According to ROCN, the Bureau of Culture and Sports of Pujiang County will be preparing fresh fruit for any participant who reaches the turn-around checkpoint.

There will be riders of all levels (about 100 registered so far) so anyone interested in participating is welcome.   PM me or come by Natooke成都 for more information.

When: February 22nd, 2014

Registration:  Send your name and contact information to [email protected] by February 19th.

Location: LOHAS Cycling Club, Yang Blvd, 2nd section, Tai Ping Yuan heng 2 street (乐哈氏单车俱乐部,武侯区阳大道二段太平园横二街)

Sign-in time day of: 7-8am

Should be a fun day on a bike!!  If I learn any more relevant information I’ll post here.

Keymaster

Sounds like fun.

Is this heading out there and coming back the same day? How long do you estimate the trip to take?

Participant

It is an out and back in the same day.  However, if at any time you want to turn back, the return route is identical.  My understanding is that many riders won’t be doing the whole 160, while those that complete the route will take anywhere from 8-12 hours.  This is the first time we are participating in this sort of event by ROCN so I am just going on descriptions found online and when the organizer visited the shop.

The foreign woman in the photo above is Bobbi Fisher, ROCN’s “international relations executive”.  I met her in Longquan on a ride and she seemed pretty cool.  She is a big advocate for women’s cycling and helps organize ROCN’s events.

Regardless, there are already 5 people joining through this post and visiting the shop, likely a few more.  We can just break off as a group anytime and head back early if the whole thing is lame.

Participant

Tomorrow’s the day, anyone else interested?  If so meet at Natooke成都 @7am and we’ll head over to the starting location together.

Keymaster

How did this end up going? Any photos?

Participant

Larry made it on the television:

Larry on TV

Keymaster

Larry made it on the television: Larry on TV

Great shot! I imagine it going like this:

Reporter: “Impressive beard!”
    Larry: “It’s because I really love bicycling”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.