Digital TV in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDigital TV in Chengdu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Coming over to chendu soon, need to ask your help. Does Chengdu have digital tv, dvb-t can I take my free view box from the uk? Is it free or do I need a tv card.

Thanks for your help,

Oliver

Keymaster

Perhaps someone else can confirm, but I have never heard of digital TV being available in Chengdu. Not sure if this is helpful, but satellite TV is available and there are a few threads on the forum about that and this post: Satellite TV in China

Participant

I actually have IPTV system and it is not too bac it all depends on your interent connection, but you can get a bunch of western stations as well as BBC and EPL, just watch out for some satellite sellers because they can easily scam you by just giving you a price upfront and give you all the programming you paid for then in two weeks they cut off half the programming and try to get more money out of you. it really is buyer beware!

Participant

Hi Oliver no your english freeview box won’t work over here unfortunately.

I have also tried to look into digital, as the standard Chinese TV has only 1 english channel, which is a world news channel. A friend of mine has got Satellite TV (which I believe has american stations), but she paid quite a lot of money for the installation, and had to sign for 2 years. I think the best way to get English TV is to get a good internet connection and a good VPN, then you can get on BBC iplayer, 4OD and ITV player.

Participant

Thanks for the help. Will use the vpn for english tv, also found in the past that tune-in radio (the ipad/iphone app) seems to get all the bbc stations without a vpn which is nice.

Hope they get freeview soon. From previous visits they seem to have so many analog channels bunched up together that getting a good signal on any station is hard going.

Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.