DJ KRUSH in Chengdu 12/2

HomeForumsIn ChengduDJ KRUSH in Chengdu 12/2

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Thanks!

My set starts at 10:30pm. See you guys tonight!

Participant

Krush has come and gone, and i thought he was awesome. What’s the CL consensus?

My thoughts were that it was awesome that he came and played, and I was digging the fact that he played some of the old school Mo Wax biz, and some Shadow was in there too.

He was building nicely with some crescendoed snares midway into his set, but then he floated out leftfield and the buzz he’d built dropped off into a jazzed out vibe. It was pretty obvious people weren’t feeling that so much, and 20 minutes later he was done.

Either way, we got to see an original, live and direct in the Du!

Participant

Never before in the histroy of world photography has a promo photo so misrepresented the physical stature of a man. His photographer could make ME look good.. (ok, that might be stretch)…

Keymaster

It was an enjoyable set and was very true to his music. A lot of headliners come to China and cater their set to a “Chinese audience” (aka play wack shit) but Krush didn’t seem to hesitate at all. With that said, it’s not quite as much fun when you’re surrounded by people who don’t really understand the music or have a great appreciation for it, especially in a warehouse style venue which Xiong Mao is. When he played at Underground a few years ago I remember him playing a harder set and the venue was smaller and a little more conducive to that style of music.

He was very friendly and polite though and it was a pleasure to meet him and see him perform, especially on my birthday. Now I got an MPC signed by DJ Shadow and DJ Krush, by the way! Overall a great evening though, we had a blast at the show and even at the afterparty (at Mocoo, not Xiong Mao) until 5am.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Never before in the histroy of world photography has a promo photo so misrepresented the physiacal stature of a man. His photographer could make ME look good.. (ok, that might be stretch)…

So true – his character is really different than what you’d expect judging by the photo. He seemed very humble and was extremely polite and willing to say hello to everyone who was approaching him. I noticed that he was wearing the same demon ring that he’s sporting in the promo photo.

Participant
    Quote:
    So true – his character is really different than what you’d expect judging by the photo. He seemed very humble and was extremely polite and willing to say hello to everyone who was approaching him. I noticed that he was wearing the same demon ring that he’s sporting in the promo photo.

Aye, he was cool as.

I managed to get a short interview with him. He was sitting about tanning Asahi at 7pm. He seemed happy to sit and chat.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I managed to get a short interview with him. He was sitting about tanning Asahi at 7pm. He seemed happy to sit and chat.

Awesome, looking forward to that.

Participant
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Interview with DJ Krush

Good shit man. I’m glad you asked him about the CDJ’s!

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.