Driving range (golf)

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionDriving range (golf)

• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Avatar photoAKK.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey,

Curious if anyone here heads out or has interest in golf. I usually just head to the driving range near Millenium hotel / Victoria apartments, kinda south-southwest just before airport expressway. I’ve only seen a couple foreigners there, older guys, if anyone has interest in headin to the driving range on nice weekend days feel free to post and we’ll set up some times.

Keymaster

Do you have your own clubs or do they have loaners at the range? I didn’t even know there was a driving range in Chengdu.

Participant

The driving range can be found here:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=30.606743,104.049325&spn=0.020869,0.029783&z=15

I bought my own clubs, ordered several sets from Shenzhen – they’re actually not bad, even though they’re fake 😀 You can also rent clubs there, they had loaners before but I don’t know if they still do and if so, I think they only had 7’s for loan.

Participant

Looks cool, I’m up for heading down the driving range, don’t have any clubs here yet.

What clubs did you order? Where you get them from?

I’m up for going to a driving range. I suck at golf, but enjoy it

don’t have clubs, anything they have will do

Participant

Hey guys,

I ordered some clubs from ShenZhen, “Callaway” knockoffs including bag/drivers/irons – actually happy with the quality for the price. I’ll head there this weekend if the weather is nice, will post a time and if any of you want to head down, can use my clubs or borrow the ones they have if they still lend them.. also, the dude I ordered clubs from has lefties, I brought up like 3 sets that time.

Participant

Just brought clubs back from the UK.

Does anybody know where the cheapest course is?

Keymaster

I’m not sure which one’s cheaper but evidently there are two golf courses inside third ring road in Chengdu:

Chengdu Xinzhendi Golf Club

四川省成都市高新区神仙树南路10号

+86 28 8512 3219

Swan Lake Golf Club

四川省成都市青羊区青羊大道888号

+86 28 8170 0888 ‎

Participant

International price, not international standards in quality 🙂

The prices range (last I checked) from about 800 (maybe it was a discount price) to 1200 for 18. There are also a few courses out near like, QingCheng, and Mu Ma shan..

Participant

Way too much for me. 500 per round would be my limit.

Participant

I’ll be headin’ there this weekend assuming the weather is as it has been the last few days.

If anyone is interested (likely tomorrow between 10am-noon) PM me and I’ll send out a message or whatever upon confirmation.

Participant

HI Rick

Just saw this message, too late. Hope the new clubs were worth it.

I have to go traveling on business for the next 8 weeks but when I come back at the end of October I will then be based here permantley.

I’ll be a regualar at the driving range and will be looking at the different courses here.

Andy

Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know of a kid’s mini-golf range (like Golfland- http://www.golfland.com/sunnyvale/) around Chengdu? I also want my 7 year old daughter to try golf. Does anyone know of any golf instruction school or place for kids?

Thanks.

Luxehills International Country Club, offers kid’s golf lessons. It is about 50 minutes drive from downtown. I live in Luxehills, so if u need more info please do PM me or u can directly call them on the number below.

Lushan Avenue 2nd Section, Shuangliu, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, 610213

028-85686363

Participant

Guys,

Since there is a thread on this golfing topic, I would post my question here instead, I am thinking of picking up golf while I here in Chengdu. Can anyone advise if there are courses for novice and how much typically is a course? Would it be recognised worldwide?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.