Ecigarettes in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEcigarettes in Chengdu?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone seen these for sale? If so, what brands/types and where are they available? How expensive are they? I’m talking about the electronic cigarettes that are ‘pen styles’ that use cartomizers and eliquid and are refillable/reusable.

I didn’t realise these were so popular. Check out 360buy for prices & types.

now to find “special” cartridges…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I didn’t realise these were so popular. Check out 360buy for prices & types.

Me neither, I can’t remember ever seeing someone smoke an e-cigarette in China before.

Participant

I wonder if they sell them in any stores…these chinese cigarettes are taking their toll

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I wonder if they sell them in any stores…these chinese cigarettes are taking their toll

Every little thing helps if you’re having a tough time quitting cigarettes. The addicted-to-cigarettes population in China is out of control. When I was in Chongqing recently I saw an expat smoker trying to convince another expat to smoke with him by citing how bad the pollution there was. “Look at the air outside! You might as well smoke!” To me, the air quality outside is the best reason to not smoke!

Participant

Yea the air quality here is one of the reasons I want to quit…it’s funny though because in the states I didn’t smoke nearly as much as I do here. I’m guessing partially due to the cheap cost and the lack of taboo on smoking here

Participant

Yea the air quality is the main reason i want to quit. It’s funny though, I smoke way more here than I did in the states. I’m guessing its due partially to the cheap cost and the lack of taboo on smoking here

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Yea the air quality is the main reason i want to quit. It’s funny though, I smoke way more here than I did in the states. I’m guessing its due partially to the cheap cost and the lack of taboo on smoking here

That is very common – I know a lot of people who never smoked cigarettes in their home countries who are either occasional or regular smokers here in China. I think this is because:

1. There’s no stigma associated with smoking, everyone does it

2. The cost of smoking is so low

3. The culture of smoking is so deeply engrained in China that sharing cigarettes is a male bonding ritual in many business and social situations

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.