Eggs and other foods

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEggs and other foods

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So…are those eggs safe? I think they must be very safe. They sit out at room temperature, yet I have never found any sign of bacteria growing in one. I sure can’t say that about the eggs in the US.

I suspect that some space-technology is being used to keep them safe, like irradiation or a shitload of antibiotics. Probly irradiation.

Now my next question: Why is the meat at BBQ stands so very, very tender?

Participant

In Holland the supermarkets also store eggs at room temperature, nothing strange about that. It’s just that people presume they should be stored in the fridge.

Participant

I’d imagine it would just affect the amount of time that the eggs remain healthful – if you eat a lot of eggs, it’s probably better to buy fresh ones (ie look at the dates on the carton) and keep them out, they generally cook better from room temperature than cold.

Also you can keep eggs fresher with sealants – like wax coatings on the shell or plastic air-proof sealing around them..or those dirt-packings or whatever.

Either way, I keep mine in the fridge most of the time, and take what I want out a few hours in advance, rather be safe than end up with salmonella in China 😀

Participant

So, has anybody here come across a rotten egg? Or are chickens here so much healthier that their eggs never go bad? They do taste better (the chickens and the eggs) so something is being done right.

I’ve had no issue with eggs here by sticking to the brands I’ve found to be most consistent. There are definitely some eggs that I’ve tried that were awful (I consume a lot of eggs in my diet), so I just remember to avoid them.

My chicken I buy frozen from a big food market, and that’s always been A1 fresh.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.