Electrocutie…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionElectrocutie…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have any ideas/info about mains outlet conversion here in China. I just laughingly discovered (by smoking my router adapter!) that my North American 110V electronics won’t be much liking the Chinese 220V!! A no brainer I know, call it momentary lapse of reason.

I’m assuming that there must be adapters/converters available, and that someone here will have had experience of this? Otherwise I might be majorly f****d as far as setting up my midi equipment goes!

Answers on a postcard please!

Keymaster

Computers and cell phones will generally be fine to plug in and use right away (check the power adapter to be sure it converts 110/220, most do) but music equipment won’t. For those you’ll need a power convertor, which you can buy for 80-300 yuan (depending on the amount of power you need). All of my DJ equipment from overseas (turntables, mixer, etc) requires these – I have on large one plugged into a power brick which supplies power to all of the gear. You can get this power convertor at Computer City (as with almost everything else electronic) or an electronics market, but that won’t be as easy to locate as the former. Good luck!

Participant

yes. need power convertor, Computer City , HOLA, GOME,SUNING,electronics market can find

Just check it out in WO WO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.