Emei Shan for Qingming – Good or Bad Idea?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEmei Shan for Qingming – Good or Bad Idea?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

First of all apologies if this has been discussed before, but the search function did not work.

I live in Beijing and am coming for Qingming to Chengdu. I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with doing the Leshan – Emeishan Trip during Qingming Festival, especially the Emeishan part.

My concerns are:

– is it too crowded (I have lived in China for 3 years, so I can tolerate a bit).

– Emei Shan is supposed to take like 2 days, but I am worried that the monestaries where u can sleep will be full with people.

– Whats the best way to do the Chengdu – Leshan – Emeishan trip in 2 days in terms of, which buses to take, where to sleep, how to get on top of Emeishan (bus and then hike to top, hike to cable car and take cable car?, etc, etc.), monkey protection devices 🙂

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

A happy traveller

Participant

Hello Chris,

I remember this beautiful place because I gave marriage ring to my wife here!

I think in only two days it’s a difficult visit these three places… maybe better Chengdu – Emeishan or Leshan – Emeishan…

I think that you will come to Chengdu only for airport stop right?

Participant

Well, I have in total 4 days in Chengdu. But I would like to use two days for the Leshan – Emeishan Trip.

Participant

If I can suggest to you, visit only two of these cities… Emeishan and Chengdu or Leshan

I am also thinking about a trip to the mountains. There hasn’t been a clear answer/advice.

Will the mountains be crazy with crowds of tourists in these holidays?

Participant

More people than usually but i think still to be ok… the problem is to move…

About mountain or natural place I suggest for my experience:

– Dali (loveable place)

– Emeishan

– Lijiang (too much tourist but still to be beautiful)

Participant

Went to QingCheng mountain yesterday/today. It was crowded, even though it was a weekday. We didn’t stay long at any particular place as a result.

Participant

Rick, how much time Chengdu QingCheng?

Participant

Hello Chris!

If you are planning a visit to Leshan Giant Buddha,be sure to go early in the morning.It is two crowed there in Qingming.It took my friend 2 more hours to line up to see a panorama of the Giant Buddha.Gook luck!

@Rick
    in China

It is a rather popular place for holiday here especially in summer.

It is district with the best air quality currently in Chengdu.

Better choice for you to plan a visit there in weekend,not in festivals or holidays.

Seek a local Long Jia Le to live ,the expense is 60-80 RMB for a night’s stay.The food is also excellent and cheap at that.And also you can enjoy various kinds of local specialties at the farm house.

Enjoy your trip!

@FedericoIt take not more than one and a half hour to drive and about two hours by bus.

Participant

@Federico takes a little over an hour from 3rd ring south – we drive up to ChengGuan highway then straight up to an exit shortly before DuJiangYan, which leads to howard johnson right near the front mountain entrance. Nice hotsprings there. Spend a night at the hotsprings/have a good sleep, wake up and drive to the back mountain..wander around, eat, take gondola up the mountain and walk down 😀 Nice trip for some fresh air.

Participant

Hi Fede, I went to Qincheng a few weeks ago. I took the speed train from chengdu north station, about 50 minutes. the train is very clean and fastand cheap. I took cable car up and walked all the rest, took me few days to recover afterwards, but a really nice place to go for fresh air and green. soon I’ll try to back mountain too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.