English speaking Tailor/Seamstress…

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEnglish speaking Tailor/Seamstress…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’m looking for someone who can make alterations to denim. I just picked up a pair of oversized jeans (FYI – they have larger sizes at Jack & Jones), and need them taking in. Any ideas?

Participant

Can’t you just return it and swap it for a pair that fits?

As genius an idea as that is Vincent (to an amoeba, maybe), I have trouble finding jeans that fit. I usually end up buying the closest fit, and then get them adjusted. I’ve been doing this for years now, and I generally end up with great fitting denim. It just takes a little arsing about!

Participant

10095608.jpg

LOL! Because I rarely find them you dummy!!

Side note: If you find a store selling larger size (decent) denim, let me know. I don’t suffer the stick leg syndrome you got yourself! 😉

And socially awkward penguin: Hilarious!!

Keymaster

hahahahah!!

I was really pleasantly surprised by Jack Jones. There’s some tacky stuff in there (sweatshirts with cartoons on them etc) but also some real nice things. I had been operating under the assumption that Jack Jones was Chinese (Taiwan or HK) but it turns out it’s European: About Jack Jones

Also, about the tailor… good luck finding one that speaks English! You better get your Chinese up, dude.

Jack Jones is a decent outfitter, though I have a suspicion that a good deal of what’s on sale in the Chinese stores is not quite to where the European standard is at. No one’s buying cartoon jumpers back home, lol.

I did just hand my jeans over to a ‘tailor’ near my apartment last night, so I’ll find out tonight if that’s going to have been an 800RMB mistake or not!!

I’m pleased to report that the guy I found is apparently awesome! He’s done an awesome job of pulling 6″ of the waist of my oversized jeans.

I can now sleep at nights.

😀

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Jack Jones is a decent outfitter, though I have a suspicion that a good deal of what’s on sale in the Chinese stores is not quite to where the European standard is at. No one’s buying cartoon jumpers back home, lol.

Perhaps they’ve cleverly “Sino-fied” their product line like KFC. A lot of foreign brands that do business China fail without adapting to local tastes. You indeed don’t see any Snoopy sweater vests on Jack Jones.com

Keymaster
    Quote:

Perhaps they’ve cleverly “Sino-fied” their product line like KFC. A lot of foreign brands that do business China fail without adapting to local tastes. You indeed don’t see any Snoopy sweater vests on Jack Jones.com

Snoopy vest for leg workouts… There’s a thought!

Snoopy vest for leg workouts… There’s a thought!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.