Entrepreneur Meetup Groups in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduEntrepreneur Meetup Groups in Chengdu?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

Are there any Entrepreneur or technology meetup groups in Chengdu?

I am a technologist with a range of experience from boot-strapping startups in California to working with technology companies in China, India & Hongkong.

However, this is my first time in Chengdu and I will be there for 3 weeks in May. Would like to meet fellow entrepreneurs & technologists to talk about new ideas, business opportunities, etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Participant

On Linkedin, you could try China Guanxi Network, or Chengdu Expats (a subgroup of Expats Working in China), if you search there may be more business-oriented groups as well.

As much as I loathe it, I’ve been finding Linkedin very useful lately. There are a few Chengdu based groups there that are very active.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    As much as I loathe it, I’ve been finding Linkedin very useful lately. There are a few Chengdu based groups there that are very active.

Can you list a few of those? I’m a member of one, Foreigners in Chengdu, but never really check it.

Participant

Apart from those already mentioned, there is also Events in Chengdu, Friends in Chengdu, ViaVia traveler’s cafe Chengdu.

Many people turn up in several groups. If you search there may be more.

Participant

Sorry for an off topic but Brendan, can you tell me about Linkedin a bit? I got an invite some time ago but as i didnt know anything about it i wonder if its worth my time to actually join?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Sorry for an off topic but Brendan, can you tell me about Linkedin a bit? I got an invite some time ago but as i didnt know anything about it i wonder if its worth my time to actually join?

It’s basically a social network for professionals – a lot of people use it to find employees or employers. Here’s the Wikipedia entry: LinkedIn

Quote:
    Sorry for an off topic but Brendan, can you tell me about Linkedin a bit?

If you’d have asked me this just a couple of months ago I’d have said it was a horrid website populated by (mostly) suits looking for a leg up.

Today my response might be ‘a somewhat horrid website populated by (mostly) suits looking for a leg up, that may or may not be useful to you if you’re seeking professional connections and/or information on specific fields/industries in any given geographic location’. As I say I have found it useful, and since placing my profile, have been approached by individuals and companies interested in my background.

Participant

@Kim, thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.