Entrepreneurship Meet Wed. 20/11 @ The Beer Nest

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEntrepreneurship Meet Wed. 20/11 @ The Beer Nest

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This months Entrepreneurship Meetup will take place at on Nov. 20 at 7pm at the Beer Nest.

The theme for this months meetup is “Making it happen!”

We have 3 guest speakers for this event.

Darius Moravick – Founder of Building Tomorrow

Darius will discuss the creation of a non-profit organization which combines new tech and sustainable construction in a cross-disciplinary approach.

Building Tomorrow is a non-profit organization which was created for the sole purpose designing, constructing and researching a fully sustainable, off-the-grid housing solutions using industrial computer automation systems and natural building materials. They are in the final stages of constructing the first building in Denmark and hope to export the knowledge via an open source platform to the Chinese market.

http://www.buildingtomorrow.dk for more information

Robert Butler and Bella An – Founders of Languageclan.com

Robert and Bella will be speaking about their entrepreneurial journey from idea creation through to realization of a working online social network for language students.

Language Clan is an online meeting place for tutors and students. This online platform allows people with a passion for learning languages to connect and also understand the cultural differences at the heart of language learning. Some people learn so they can order food and take a taxi while living in China. Others learn to execute high-level business. No matter your pursuits, you will need help along the way. Language Clan connects you with those people. http://www.languageclan.com

Dr. Jonathan Wang – CEO/Co-Founder Siloon Software Group

Jonathan will discuss mobile application development and its applications for enterprises in general.

Siloon is a software outsourcing company in Chengdu. They provide full life cycle product development and IT services. These include solutions for software development, website design, business process engagement, quality assurance, production support, monitoring and website hosting services. http://www.siloon.com/

After the guest speakers speak we will hold an open “5 minute pitch” for those who want to share the businesses they are currently working on or get feedback on their ideas.

This is a free event and all are welcome to attend.

Signup for our meetup if your interested in receiving updates. http://www.meetup.com/Chengdu-Entrepreneurship-Meetup/

Keymaster

Cool, added this to the November Events thread.

Participant

Participant

I am sooo eager for this thing! It’s exactly the kind of topic I’ve been discussing with some friends this month. I can’t wait to check this out.

Participant

Looking forward to this.

Participant

The “Making it happen!” Entrepreneurship is tomorrow 7pm @ The Nest.

One of those rare free events with real content, including 3 Guest Speakers sharing experience/ knowledge and Idea Pitches.

Dream, Hope, Live, Inspire.

Participant

The “Making it happen!” Entrepreneurship is tomorrow 7pm @ The Nest.

One of those rare free events with real content, including 3 Guest Speakers sharing experience/ knowledge and Idea Pitches.

that sounds interesting. I would like to go but I might have to go alone and I’ve never been there before.  so hesitaing…p.s. I’am a chinese girl..

Participant

@Lilly – We’re a split about half Chinese and half foreigners who attend this meetup. I hope you can make it out tonight as I have a friend who is a fashion designer who would love to meet you and talk about your business.

For anyone else who is interested in entrepreneurship, tonight should be a great atmosphere to make it happen! I’m really looking forward to the open floor pitch. Come share your ideas and get immediate feedback!

Participant

@Lilly – We’re a split about half Chinese and half foreigners who attend this meetup. I hope you can make it out tonight as I have a friend who is a fashion designer who would love to meet you and talk about your business.

For anyone else who is interested in entrepreneurship, tonight should be a great atmosphere to make it happen! I’m really looking forward to the open floor pitch. Come share your ideas and get immediate feedback!

Sorry  I just got this message now.  I was there last night. Great meetup. wish I got the message yesterday so I wouldnt miss meeting you and your friend.. I will definitely be there for the next meetup too. Beer nest is a cool place. I should go more often. It would be better if they serve food there.. I like to eat.. hahahaha

Participant

Participant

Was an inspiring meet up again; thanks for the > 80 persons to attend and raise quite some interesting questions.

Next meet up: December 18th (7pm) – Topic: “Human Centered Design”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.