Event: Nova Heart, Saturday @ Little Bar

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionEvent: Nova Heart, Saturday @ Little Bar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody going to this? Well looking forward to it!

Nova Heart douban

Nova Heart Interview

Keymaster

I’m looking forward to this also, I’d like to check this out before heading to Machu Picchu for their 9th anniversary party.

Participant

The opening band are one of the best in Chengdu imo. If you can get down early they are well worth checking out.

Hi Person douban

Keymaster
    Quote:
    The opening band are one of the best in Chengdu imo. If you can get down early they are well worth checking out.

What time do you think that’ll be – around 8pm?

Participant

Yeah about 8. I reckon it’s going to be busy too so best get there early.

Keymaster

This band was so good! I’ve seen at least a dozen bands at Little Bar over the last 2 years and this (and Second Hand Rose) was certainly among the best. Unfortunately the sound system was inadequate and the place was packed… but musically, Nova Heart might be the best Chinese band I have heard.

Anyone have one of their albums or anything? I got some photos but haven’t seen them yet, if any of them are good I will post them in this thread.

Participant

I agree with the above. Would’ve loved to have seen them in the old xiong mao.

I bought their cd at the end of the show but it didn’t make it home with me. If I can track it down I’ll burn you a copy.

Participant

Nova Heart- Beautiful Boys EP (Spotify Link)

Her old band is incredible, Nova Heart is her new band. For some reason I can’t find them on Spotify, but they’re called Ziyo (自游) and also Free the Birds, songs here, here, and here.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Her old band is incredible, Nova Heart is her new band. For some reason I can’t find them on Spotify, but they’re called Ziyo (??) and also Free the Birds, songs here, here, and here.

Thanks for posting those links Liam. This show was fantastic, far exceeded my expectations. I got a single decent photo:

Nova-Heart-400.jpg

Link to higher res

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.