Expat Children in Local Schools

HomeForumsIn ChengduExpat Children in Local Schools

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any first-hand experience with putting their children in the “local” school systems.  I know most people choose international schools and homeschooling seems to come in second.  Some people have mentioned they know of people who have put their kids in the local schools, but it’s beginning to sound like an urban legend.  Another route  I would consider is having a private (local) teacher?   If anyone has any information, I would appreciate any direction you could provide.

My school aged children will be 8 and 6. 混血兒

媽媽是美國人,爸爸是東方人。

Participant

hi,

it is not an urban legend, people do it here, but i have no real numbers. most people with the means consider Leman, QSI, the Waldorf School or Chengdu International. The prices are of course a big factor here. Internationally flavored schools are at least 3000RMB a month, and can be much more. Local schools are basically free, with some small costs related to books and other basic fees. And the Chinese language immersion issue is big with people going local. The big drawback is that Chinese themselves feel their edu system is very bad, and foreigners tend to agree. I think finances play a big role, and the specific school you choose.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.