Chengdu Rapper Fat Shady on TV

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChengdu Rapper Fat Shady on TV

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting this, I heard about this this morning but hadn’t seen it until now. Amazing to see Shady continue to rise to new heights. I hate these knock off (and real) American Idol type shows but props to Shady for continuing to hustle and reach a wider audience. He definitely deserves it more than any other Chengdu MC. This guy works circles around all the other MC’s in Chengdu, most of whom are lazy 富二代.

This song is actually a modified version of the original. I think he watered it down for a mainstream audience, which is totally understandable. The second song sounded really good imo. Anyone who’s seen Shady live knows that he rips it. Best MC we ever hosted at Dojo by a long shot, he just has a magical presence. Especially in Sichuan since he only raps in Sichuanese.

Participant

That’s great stuff. Good for him. Looked a little nervous initially but then he killed it. Seen him live a few times and he is a true showman. Just watched it with a Sichuan native and she’s amazed: “He’s speaking Sichuanhua on national TV!” Marvelous….

Participant

And in the news today…

Participant

Thanks for posting this, i really enjoyed it. Anyone know where i can listen to more of this guy online?

Edit *Preferably the ‘non-watered down versions” 🙂

Keymaster

Thanks for posting this, i really enjoyed it. Anyone know where i can listen to more of this guy online? Edit *Preferably the ‘non-watered down versions” :)

A few of his songs are here on his Douban. He released a mixtape recently, which you can find on his Weibo, also.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.